alternative course change for bristol Watch

hazel hay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I originally applied to Bristol for criminology in November then got a rejection saying that I could be better in social policy now in January.
They said that my application was very strong and that they "hope" to consider joining on an alternative course and I am just wondering why I am not good enough

will an alternative option like social policy even guarntee me getting a place i bloody love bristol and i am heart broken. i just want to go to that uni only
Last edited by hazel hay; 5 months ago
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hazel hay)
I originally applied to Bristol for criminology in November then got a rejection saying that I could be better in social policy now in January.
They said that my application was very strong and that they "hope" to consider joining on an alternative course and I am just wondering why I am not good enough
Only Bristol know. Contact them.
lya_rachelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hazel hay)

will an alternative option like social policy even guarntee me getting a place i bloody love bristol and i am heart broken. i just want to go to that uni only

Heyyyy.

I just got the exact same thing- a rejection for the course I had originally applied for, and an offer for an alternative course (social policy) Unfortunately choosing to go to the alternative course does not guarantee that you'll be offered a place. It sucks- Bristol was one of the unis I was hoping to get an offer from but oh well...
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It doesn't guaranteee a place, no, but if the university suggest you consider an alternative course they are giving you a strong hint that you have a good chance - it is likely that there were stronger candidates on the course you applied for and that there are still spaces (and you seem a stronger candidate than some who have applied) for the alternate. Make sure you fully investigate the alternative course though as there is no point applying for something you wouldn't enjoy, even if it is at your preferred institution.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
I’m going to take social policy if they give it to me. The worst thing is I was too stubborn to even contemplate the alternative offers they give me and I regret it deeply
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
I’m 2 months too late but I hope my careers advisor will change their mind. u don’t kno what u have until it’s gone tbh
hazel hay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
his did u decide to take the alternative course?
(Original post by lya_rachelle)
Heyyyy.

I just got the exact same thing- a rejection for the course I had originally applied for, and an offer for an alternative course (social policy) Unfortunately choosing to go to the alternative course does not guarantee that you'll be offered a place. It sucks- Bristol was one of the unis I was hoping to get an offer from but oh well...
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless you dont actually have the right qualifications you are practically guaranteed an offer for an alternative course - they wouldn't list it in the email it to you unless there were spaces.

Social Policy is a useful social science degree and is worth doing. There is also a 'Study Abroad' Social Policy course - definitely worth doing, you can go to the Hong Kong, California, Seattle, Sydney/Brisbane etc : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/global-opp...abroad/search/
hazel hay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got into social policy now but I will try and go though adjustment for criminology as I wanted to do that at the beginning
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Unless you dont actually have the right qualifications you are practically guaranteed an offer for an alternative course - they wouldn't list it in the email it to you unless there were spaces.

Social Policy is a useful social science degree and is worth doing. There is also a 'Study Abroad' Social Policy course - definitely worth doing, you can go to the Hong Kong, California, Seattle, Sydney/Brisbane etc : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/global-opp...abroad/search/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?