user739839848
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey Guys!
So I was wondering is there a specific list of characters from Macbeth that can come up in the GCSE AQA English exam or can it be any character in the play? I know the question is either about a theme or character, so I'm trying to study for as many possible questions, well sorta.
I am trying to study and create character logs or mind maps and I'm not sure which characters to do! So far I have Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo, I plan to do Macduff, Duncan and the witches but I'm not sure who else!
jamesg2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo, Macduff, Duncan, the witches - and I would add Malcolm. Together that would be a reasonable list to revise. That said, the exam board have a right to choose whomsoever they wish and their choice may not be on your list. But - in gerenal - your list seems adequat and you would be very unlucky if one of your choices is not picked to be examined.
user739839848
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamesg2)
Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo, Macduff, Duncan, the witches - and I would add Malcolm. Together that would be a reasonable list to revise. That said, the exam board have a right to choose whomsoever they wish and their choice may not be on your list. But - in gerenal - your list seems adequat and you would be very unlucky if one of your choices is not picked to be examined.
Thank you so much! Do you think you could give me a list of most of the themes if that's not too much to ask?
ella.n.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look on BBC bitesize for themes and characters, it gives pretty good summaries
user739839848
Rep:
?
(Original post by ella.n.)
Look on BBC bitesize for themes and characters, it gives pretty good summaries
Thanks! I'll check that out too!
username4441362
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
xD nah they can test u on more than 1 yknow, when i did em last year it was on macbeth+banquo
i wouldn't bother revising in depth malcolm,duncan,mcduff tbh, just know their parts in the play and any significant quotes they say,
user739839848
Rep:
?
(Original post by UrWelcome)
xD nah they can test u on more than 1 yknow, when i did em last year it was on macbeth+banquo
i wouldn't bother revising in depth malcolm,duncan,mcduff tbh, just know their parts in the play and any significant quotes they say,
Thanks!
Sami711
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i am doing answers for how each character is presented + a theme. Has anyone had an questions on malcom, macduff or duncan because they never come up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (81)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (262)
15.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (186)
10.96%
Lack of purpose or motivation (242)
14.26%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (75)
4.42%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (99)
5.83%
Loneliness (145)
8.54%
Financial worries (59)
3.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (74)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (82)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (89)
5.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (147)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (156)
9.19%

Watched Threads