Fösh Pandolfo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm in year 11 and I'm doing my further maths As this year: D1 in 2 days and M1 and FP1 in the summer. Since C1 and C2 are now C12 ( also for for C3 and C4 being C34), would it be wise to take all maths modules?
Y11- M1,D1,FP1
Y12- C12,C34,M2,M3,S1,S2
Y13-M4,M5,FP2,FP3,S3,S4,D2

The above would be my plan. Besides this I am thinking to take physics and computer science.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fösh Pandolfo)
So I'm in year 11 and I'm doing my further maths As this year: D1 in 2 days and M1 and FP1 in the summer. Since C1 and C2 are now C12 ( also for for C3 and C4 being C34), would it be wise to take all maths modules?
Y11- M1,D1,FP1
Y12- C12,C34,M2,M3,S1,S2
Y13-M4,M5,FP2,FP3,S3,S4,D2

The above would be my plan. Besides this I am thinking to take physics and computer science.
You can only get 2 maths A level (maths and further maths) and fir that you need 10 unit results as C12 and C34 count double.
There would be little value in taking extra units, unless you thought they would prepare you for what you plan to study at uni, far better to concentrate on other things.
I'm not sure of the timeline of your plans but a new specification for edexcel IAL has been introduced.
Have you checked that you can spread your qualifications out over 3 years?
Fösh Pandolfo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
You can only get 2 maths A level (maths and further maths) and fir that you need 10 unit results as C12 and C34 count double.
There would be little value in taking extra units, unless you thought they would prepare you for what you plan to study at uni, far better to concentrate on other things.
I'm not sure of the timeline of your plans but a new specification for edexcel IAL has been introduced.
Have you checked that you can spread your qualifications out over 3 years?
I don't think I need to check if I can have my qualifications over 3 years. I've already done my maths GCSE in year 9 and GCSE further in Y10. So my plan would be AS in Y11, A2 in Y12- and A2 further in Y13.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think I need to check if I can have my qualifications over 3 years. I've already done my maths GCSE in year 9 and GCSE further in Y10. So my plan would be AS in Y11, A2 in Y12- and A2 further in Y13.
Universities don't like this approach.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please yourself
I'm not sure exams for the current specification will still be available when you want to take them or whether you can mix exams from the old and new specifications.
Fösh Pandolfo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Universities don't like this approach.
Why?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (74)
28.24%
England (91)
34.73%
Belgium (20)
7.63%
Germany (32)
12.21%
Spain (3)
1.15%