Areeba.abbas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need help! Basically Iv been revising for psychology by writing flashcards and then doing 16 markers but then I end up forgetting the information when I go back to recap. What’s a really effective way to revise?
Fnym_01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Make mindmaps or graphic organisers for the topics with empty spaces to fill the information in. Print them off and try to retrieve the information from memory after doing flash cards a few times, the visual helps.
Alisha999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I did Psychology Alevel got an A!

My way was to go over class content every lesson and i wrote in coloured notes so that it's be easier for me to revise.
Thankfully i have a good memory. So every lesson I'd go home and read over the content and say it out to myself many times until i could recall it by memory.
Then whenever i was free I'd go over what i learnt again and again so I didn't forget it.

Also we had the AQA psychology textbooks in which I made PEEL plans for every 16 marker (yet It was tedious but it was all worth it!) And i got the 16 markers double checked by my teacher and then I'd just memorize them. That way i knew I was prepared for any 16 marker I could potentially be asked.

Also near the exams time I did plenty of past papers and any mistakes I made i rewrote in different coloured pens. So i knew where my weaknesses were.

I really hope this helps

All the best with your studies, if you have any more questions feel free to pm me
StarxScreamx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks for the tip but how to balance with other subjects as well?

(Original post by Alisha999)
Hi,

My way was to go over class content every lesson and i wrote in coloured notes so that it's be easier for me to revise.
Thankfully i have a good memory. So every lesson I'd go home and read over the content and say it out to myself many times until i could recall it by memory.
Then whenever i was free I'd go over what i learnt again and again so I didn't forget it.

Also we had the AQA psychology textbooks in which I made PEEL plans for every 16 marker (yet It was tedious but it was all worth it!) And i got the 16 markers double checked by my teacher and then I'd just memorize them. That way i knew I was prepared for any 16 marker I could potentially be asked.

Also near the exams time I did plenty of past papers and any mistakes I made i rewrote in different coloured pens. So i knew where my weaknesses were.

I really hope this helps

All the best with your studies, if you have any more questions feel free to pm me
Alisha999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hmmm that's difficult!!

I would spend more time on the subject you are the weakest with
For me psychology was my strongest subject.

But try making a revision timetable, see if that helps.

Try prioritising the subjects you are the most weak at and are not getting the grades you want in. But that doesn't mean to say you should completely abandon your strongest subjects. Go over your notes from class regularly.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.
psychaddict12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Areeba.abbas)
I need help! Basically Iv been revising for psychology by writing flashcards and then doing 16 markers but then I end up forgetting the information when I go back to recap. What’s a really effective way to revise?
I’ve legit been in the same boat with year 1 content what i find helpful is using notes or the revision guide [which i highly recommend imo] to complete a brief essay plan and complete the essay later on in the day with minimal reference to the essay plan.
Doesn’t work for all but it does for me! Good luck!
yotsr123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Alisha999)
Hi,

I really hope this helps

hi! i'm studying psychology a level right now and was wondering if you still had your essay plans for all the 16 markers at hand? it would be so helpful!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.82%
No (313)
70.18%

Watched Threads