charlie071102
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
best way to learn poems in power and conflict?
GranolaBarr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in year 10 now and I've got the same struggle so basically t depends on if you are a visual learner or someone who just reads with notes etc
what I do is I make flashcards with max 5 to 6 important quotes some techniques that appear repeatedly in the Poem or others also the writer and like the things like iambic pentameter and stuff I also add a picture I make all of that and revise for a few day until I get most of it in my head you should also test yourself so you know you learned the content properly. Hope that Helps.....
MissCarter786
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Read the poem again and again, familiarise yourself with it and learn the techniques which would be evident when you constantly repeat the quotes and keep writing then out and annotate them again and again. Trust me it helps, I got a 9 in 2017. Let me know if you need anymore specific help on any poems because I did power and conflict too! I loved the London poem by William Blake ❤️❤️ the innocence and corruption!! Ergh miss it! Make the most out of your GCSEs you’re literally going to miss them!
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
flashcards or like an a4 sheet with condensed notes on the poem are good ways to learn them. mindmaps too. learn techniques, be familiar with the subject matter of each (including themes), learn your quotes and the context too. most important though is being able to compare the poems as you won't be talking about them individually- make essay plans and familarise yourself with the links between poems.

i've moved this to english for you:heart:
Mamta Ramesh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
how the poem london by william blake presents the theme of power
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?