The Student Room Group

Missed deadline by 2 mins

Do you think I am still considered late?
Yes. Everything's electronic they will be able to see the timestamp. You should have got it in on time you've had ample opportunity and time management is a skill you will need for uni
Reply 2
Well then That's that. I know that time management is an important skill but I've had a lot of health issues in the past months and that's why I wasn't able to apply properly. Thank you for your answer anyway.
As long as you aren't applying to anything super competitive they'll proper still consider you.
Original post by MinaBee
As long as you aren't applying to anything super competitive they'll proper still consider you.

Yeh they still can they just don't have to it's up to them

Original post by MYCAPSISON
Well then That's that. I know that time management is an important skill but I've had a lot of health issues in the past months and that's why I wasn't able to apply properly. Thank you for your answer anyway.

You're not done OP you still have a chance you've just put yourself in a back foot before you got started is all

Your application will still be considered ... just under slightly different 'rules'.
Agreed....you may have had health problems that delayed part of your application - but it is very difficult to blame that for leaving it till the very last few minutes to submit! That is on you. You need to take ownership for your mistake really....universities will consider your application but it will be after everyone who was on time.
Consider calling the universities and explaining the situation. It won't do any harm doing that!

Please don’t panic.

Call ucas first thing in the morning. Their systems are NOT so automated that anything after the deadline is automatically late. The systems consider other factors around when you submitted to make sure applicants can’t be disadvantaged by bugs in the ucas website.

Ask ucas whether your application has been classed as “on time”.
If it has then you’re fine (I have seen applications with a timestamp of the 16 January classed as on time).
If it hasn’t then you need to talk to your universities asap. Find out whether they will consider you if your application is not on time. If they will then again you’re fine. Any that won’t you need to substitute for other universities that are willing to consider late applications (with 14 days to substitute choices).

Yes - ucas will process your application (any late applicants up to the end of June will be processed) but the Universities do not guarantee to give you equal consideration. What have you applied for and where? If they are not competitive courses/unis then you will probably be ok but if they are courses that have a whole lot more applicants than spaces it could be tricky.
i changed my mind and applied to a different uni in april and they accepted me! a lot of universities have clearing spaces as well so theres always other options!
Original post by Simbasoul
Yes - ucas will process your application (any late applicants up to the end of June will be processed) but the Universities do not guarantee to give you equal consideration. What have you applied for and where? If they are not competitive courses/unis then you will probably be ok but if they are courses that have a whole lot more applicants than spaces it could be tricky.

Only ucas knows at the moment whether the OP has been classed as late or on time.

Did you manage to speak to UCAS today to find out if you were classed as "on time"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending