The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

anyone applying for a scholarship?

I'm doing an entrance scholarship exam for TV & film and also sending in an art portfolio.
I just want to know if anyone else is doing this or has done this so I can have some advice, like what to put in the portfolio.
Also I'm actually going to Aberystwyth for the exam and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm doing the entrance scholarships too, in Animal Science and Biology 2, so unfortunately I can't help with anything art or portfolio related. Exams will be at 10:30-12:00 and 1:30-3:00. Looking at the exam timetable, the film & tv study exam will most likely be at 1:30, though it'll probably be best to double check with reception. I've been to Aber twice for open days, everyone there is really friendly and will happily guide you to where you need to go and tell you any other info you'll need.Good luck, I hope it goes well for you :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by ihatemyselflol
I'm doing an entrance scholarship exam for TV & film and also sending in an art portfolio.
I just want to know if anyone else is doing this or has done this so I can have some advice, like what to put in the portfolio.
Also I'm actually going to Aberystwyth for the exam and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Hi :smile:

Great to hear that you'll be taking an Entrance Scholarship exam with us next week. Is there anything I can help you with ahead of your visit? :smile:

Thanks
Sulwen
Original post by kittykat7333
I'm doing the entrance scholarships too, in Animal Science and Biology 2, so unfortunately I can't help with anything art or portfolio related. Exams will be at 10:30-12:00 and 1:30-3:00. Looking at the exam timetable, the film & tv study exam will most likely be at 1:30, though it'll probably be best to double check with reception. I've been to Aber twice for open days, everyone there is really friendly and will happily guide you to where you need to go and tell you any other info you'll need.Good luck, I hope it goes well for you :smile:

Hi @kittykat7333

Great to hear that you will be taking our Entrance Scholarship exams next week, have you taken a look at the Past Papers yet? Also, really glad to hear that you have felt welcome during your visits to Aberystwyth in the past :smile: Will you be attending one of our Applicant Visiting Days over the next few months?

Good luck with the exams next week and feel free to ask me any questions you might have :smile:

Thanks
Sulwen
Original post by Aberystwyth University
Hi :smile:

Great to hear that you'll be taking an Entrance Scholarship exam with us next week. Is there anything I can help you with ahead of your visit? :smile:

Thanks
Sulwen

hi,
so I'm travelling to Aberystwyth the night before the exams so I can get there on time, I have to check out the hotel before 11am so I will have to bring my bag with me to the university. I just don't know what to do with my bag while I actually sit the exam because I doubt I'd be able to take it in with me.
Also I have no idea where the exam room is.

thanks.
Original post by ihatemyselflol
hi,
so I'm travelling to Aberystwyth the night before the exams so I can get there on time, I have to check out the hotel before 11am so I will have to bring my bag with me to the university. I just don't know what to do with my bag while I actually sit the exam because I doubt I'd be able to take it in with me.
Also I have no idea where the exam room is.

thanks.

Hi :smile: No need to worry about your bag, you can leave it in the locked cloakroom which is right by the exam room - just let us know when you register (between 9am & 10am). The exams will be held in Penbryn, which you can see on a map of our Campus here.

All this information will be included in the email which is being sent out to all Entrance Scholarship applicants today :smile:

Have you had a look at the past papers yet?

Thanks
Sulwen

Quick Reply

Latest