muslim scholars-help needed

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so i'm a muslim and wanted these questions answered for ages and some advice:

-i'm always wanted to marry/date a white woman simply bc i believe they are very cute(from what i've seen) and love their attitudes. other races are also beautiful but probs bias.
if i were to marry her what would happen to the religion of my kid.
-and the same to my wife. would i have to convert her?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Quran (2:221)
"And do not marry Polytheist women until they believe, And a believing slave woman is better than a Polytheist women, even though she might please you. And do not marry Polytheist men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a Polytheist men, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember".

So nope, however

Qur'an (5:5),
"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers".
If they're a christian or jewish then yes it is allowed.

Usually the religion of the child is of the mothers.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Quran (2:221)
"And do not marry Polytheist women until they believe, And a believing slave woman is better than a Polytheist women, even though she might please you. And do not marry Polytheist men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a Polytheist men, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember".

So nope, however

Qur'an (5:5),
"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers".
If they're a christian or jewish then yes it is allowed.

Usually the religion of the child is of the mothers.
but doesnt it say you cant control love?

so if my wife is christian and we have kids and they are christian. will i go hell for raising christian kids?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads