The Student Room Group

Can I get into Uni? I am 21 and have a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma

I moved from southern Ireland and I only have my Junior Certificate, which I have been told is not equivalent to UK GCSES.
I have done a two year course of dental technology BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.

I want to get into Dental Hygiene uni.. but I see they require like..6 GCSES and A levels or just A levels.. I don't know its all confusing.
So what is a person supposed to do with no UK GCSES? So am I meant to study all 6 GCSES in college? or can I just study the important ones like English Maths etc?
Original post by ReeRee97
I moved from southern Ireland and I only have my Junior Certificate, which I have been told is not equivalent to UK GCSES.
I have done a two year course of dental technology BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.

I want to get into Dental Hygiene uni.. but I see they require like..6 GCSES and A levels or just A levels.. I don't know its all confusing.
So what is a person supposed to do with no UK GCSES? So am I meant to study all 6 GCSES in college? or can I just study the important ones like English Maths etc?

I'm not sure about Irish qualifications, but if you contact admissions at universities and explain your situation they'll be able to tell you in more detail :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending