English Lit-5
Bio-8
Chem-7
Physics-7
German-6
Geog-7
Comp Sci-5
Economics-C

I’m really interested in biological and chemical based degrees such as medicine, biomed, biochem and chem, but i can’t decide what to do. Not sure at all what i want to be when i’m older and i just want to make sure i don’t do a degree where it’s very difficult to get a job/high salary.
HELP?
Reply 1
Have you done any research on those careers? For medicine you may want to look at work placements and shadow a doctor so you can see if it is really for you. Don't go for medicine because it has a high salary, you can earn much more in finance/banking.
Original post by Crow_M
Have you done any research on those careers? For medicine you may want to look at work placements and shadow a doctor so you can see if it is really for you. Don't go for medicine because it has a high salary, you can earn much more in finance/banking.

yes i’ve done lots and lots of research, i have tried a hospital and i liked it but i just don’t know what’s for me
Reply 3
Original post by d0nkey_dude
yes i’ve done lots and lots of research, i have tried a hospital and i liked it but i just don’t know what’s for me

I'd look at each course and try different things, look at things such as a STEM project (I. E. Nuffield research). See which one you prefer and you may be able to make a better decision.
Reply 4
I am now a chemistry student. if you care about the salary, don’t choose Chemistry.
“I never know a rich chemist” my supervisor once joked privately 🙄
I’m currently studying a level biology, chemistry and maths. My gcses are:
Maths-7
English Lan-7
English Lit-5
Bio-8
Chem-7
Physics-7
German-6
Geog-7
Comp Sci-5
Economics-C

I’m really interested in biological and chemical based degrees such as medicine, biomed, biochem and chem, but i can’t decide what to do. Not sure at all what i want to be when i’m older and i just want to make sure i don’t do a degree where it’s very difficult to get a job/high salary.
HELP?

dont do my degree, biology.

consider something like materials science.
Original post by CollectiveSoul
dont do my degree, biology.

consider something like materials science.

Why not biology? Also i’m not really as interested in materials and stuff
Original post by feibenny
I am now a chemistry student. if you care about the salary, don’t choose Chemistry.
“I never know a rich chemist” my supervisor once joked privately 🙄

Haha ok thanks for the advice!
I’m currently studying a level biology, chemistry and maths. My gcses are:
Maths-7
English Lan-7
English Lit-5
Bio-8
Chem-7
Physics-7
German-6
Geog-7
Comp Sci-5
Economics-C

HELP?

Hi @d0nkey_dude,

It's really great to see that you're starting to think about which degrees you're interested in. We offer the following degrees at London Met that might be of some interest to you:

Biomedical Science BSc
Biochemistry BSc
Chemistry BSc

Throughout all of these courses, you’ll take practical classes in our £30 million Science Centre, which is equipped with 280 workstations and is the largest of its kind in Europe. I've popped a 360° video below for you to take a look at!

The best advice that I can give you as a graduate myself, is to study something you love. If you love the subject then you're much more likely to do well and it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Have a great day and good luck with your A-Levels. I'm rooting for you!

Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending