Being uncomfortable around friends Watch

Funghoul1031
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
One of my best friends at school has recently started making me very uncomfortable. She hasn't done anything different, I'm just uncomfortable by it. I've been really stiff for the last couple of weeks and I feel like she's noticing that I'm acting different. I don't want to lose the friendship but I am extremely uncomfortable with her invasions of personal space. I also feel like I don't really have the right to tell her to stop because she hasn't done anything. One of my other friends also told me that she has a crush on me, which makes me uncomfortable as well, but I don't think that's the cause of my change in behavior, as I learned about the crush after I started feeling uncomfortable. What should I do? Pls take my age into account with the situation (14). Thanks.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Funghoul1031)
One of my best friends at school has recently started making me very uncomfortable. She hasn't done anything different, I'm just uncomfortable by it. I've been really stiff for the last couple of weeks and I feel like she's noticing that I'm acting different. I don't want to lose the friendship but I am extremely uncomfortable with her invasions of personal space. I also feel like I don't really have the right to tell her to stop because she hasn't done anything. One of my other friends also told me that she has a crush on me, which makes me uncomfortable as well, but I don't think that's the cause of my change in behavior, as I learned about the crush after I started feeling uncomfortable. What should I do? Pls take my age into account with the situation (14). Thanks.
There’s nothing you can do aside from telling her. If you don’t it’ll continue to happen. Literally, communication. It’s a wonderful thing.

If it makes it easier on you both, maybe explain that “oh you haven’t done anything wrong, I’m just feeling particularly anxious / uncomfortable recently, and XYZ doesn’t help that” and it should be totally fine.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Funghoul1031
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.74%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (347)
37.31%
No, I am unable to (234)
25.16%
No, I chose not to (251)
26.99%