The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Psychology at southampton

Hey I went to visit the university, and I listened to the talks but overall I didn’t like it (I was being too critical). I was wondering if someone who studies psychology at Southampton could help me out, when I listened to the psychology talk I found it very boring and that put me off, but what do people actually studying there think. Also I didn’t get to see much of the area so what’s the night/social life like in Southampton.
Original post by Abiiiiiiii1111
Hey I went to visit the university, and I listened to the talks but overall I didn’t like it (I was being too critical). I was wondering if someone who studies psychology at Southampton could help me out, when I listened to the psychology talk I found it very boring and that put me off, but what do people actually studying there think. Also I didn’t get to see much of the area so what’s the night/social life like in Southampton.

:hello: Awesome to hear you visited the University of Southampton :smile:
Talks are probably not the best presentation of what it's like doing a psychology degree at the Uni. You are best having a tour of the department and seeing and speaking with some students there to find out what it is like. If you found the talk boring then maybe check that psychology is for you and that you are into the modules/ways of teaching. You don't want to be studying something you aren't interested in for 3 years.

Plenty of night life in Southampton - a strip of clubs that you can get the bus to easily. There is plenty on campus as well, the SU always puts on events, there's also a student cinema, 2 cafes and a pub (stag's).
There is also a fresh fruit/veg market that comes every week on the campus as well as a union shop and shop on campus too.

If you want any info about accommodation feel free to ask too. But you get a free bus pass included :smile:

as for a psychology student's perspective: :bump:
(edited 5 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending