The Student Room Group
Reply 1
get pissed???
Reply 2
use more punctuation marks?!?!?!??!?!?!?!????!??!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!!
~ayesha~
nup. any more ideas??? oh and i forgot to mention I GOT IN for the global fellowship (going to china!!!)

Going to China seems pretty incompatible with going to Cambridge.
Reply 4
To be honest, if you are not confident about getting an ABB, then Cambridge may be beyond your grasp.
Okay, calm down.

Plus this is in totally the wrong forum.

Cnacel all your offers, go on a gap year, and then re-apply.

Simple. You will probably still get offers from SOAS and UCL again if it is undersubscribed.

:smile:
Reply 6
Speedbird2008
Okay, calm down.

Plus this is in totally the wrong forum.

Cnacel all your offers, go on a gap year, and then re-apply.

Simple. You will probably still get offers from SOAS and UCL again if it is undersubscribed.

:smile:

Politics at SOAS is not undersubscribed and needs AAA iirc

use more punctuation marks?!?!?!??!?!?!?!????!??!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

If you can't structure your sentances and write a orderly informative post and you want to study poltics, doesn't look like your Cambridge material...
Reply 8
Accept UCL or SOAS - whichever one you want to go to more.

If you get 3 As at A level and SERIOUSLY want to re-apply, on Results Day decline your offers and set about reading up to apply for Cambridge. This time GO to your interview - I've heard it helps.

If you don't get 3 As, don't apply to Cambridge again. I doubt you'll get an interview.

Calm down on the punctuation though, it's annoying.

EDIT: I thought the UCAS deadline for accepting offers was last week though...so what have you done about UCL and SOAS?
You can't hold your UCL offer and reapply. You need to decide what you want more.
~ayesha~
argh, no but it looks good doesn't it, meeting the prime minister at 10 downing street.

While it undoubtedly does show commitment and interest, admissions are based on your academic potential, not your extra-curriculars (and whilst this is politics-related, it's still not directly relevant to your academic status). It won't, for example, compensate for sub-par exam results if you're aiming for LSE or Cambridge.
Reply 11
~ayesha~
nup. any more ideas??? oh and i forgot to mention I GOT IN for the global fellowship (going to china!!!)

I'm not familiar how to take A lvls on your year out and such, but If you could, great. However, it is more important that you do something valuable - such as this Global Fellowship - And I do believe that this would strengthen your application as it shows ambition and interest for the actual subject.
Noone can tell though, if you will get in or not, and no one can ask you to deny the chance that you once again will be rejected - But, will you be happy studying as SOAS or UCL knowing that you can take a gap year and do an interesting internship - In case stop thinking and accept the offers - If Not, I would ask you to consider taking this gap year seriously.
And if so, go to the interview if you get called for it.

Best, Best luck!
Reply 12
Robbie10538
:biggrin: :biggrin:

If you can't structure your sentances and write a orderly informative post and you want to study poltics, doesn't look like your Cambridge material...

says the boy who cant spell sentence and politics..
~ayesha~
says the boy who cant spell sentence and politics..

:rolleyes: You got me there!
Reply 14
mk
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
You dont have to get into the best unis to get a job, why not do a degree in a uni that you can get into, then if you want you can do a Master/PHD in Cambridge/Oxford.

Latest