The Student Room Group

Looking at universities

My friend is looking to apply for law at university. She takes four subjects, sociology, history, English and BTEC law. Currently, she doesn’t enjoy English and is thinking of dropping it but doesn’t want to if universities think it would be beneficial. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for her - thank you in advance!
Original post by charlotteldavis
My friend is looking to apply for law at university. She takes four subjects, sociology, history, English and BTEC law. Currently, she doesn’t enjoy English and is thinking of dropping it but doesn’t want to if universities think it would be beneficial. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for her - thank you in advance!

Most universities only require 3 A levels and accept BTEC Law as one of them. However there are some who wont accept the BTEC. Your friend should check that the universities she is interested accept BTEC law. If that is the case she can drop English as all subjects form part of most universities preferred subject list. Having done a quick check Bristol, Birmingham and UCL will all accept the BTEC and Exeter does as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending