When should I start applying for accomidation? Watch

I'll_Be_Bastion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't want to end up with the s**t halls because I'm soo late and the good ones are taken.

I'm still looking around. Also is £160 a week a good price range?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
uni/location?
Liverpool Hope University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by I'll_Be_Bastion)
I don't want to end up with the s**t halls because I'm soo late and the good ones are taken.

Hello :hello:,

Most universities will have the date on their website that student accommodation on campus and halls of residence are open for applications. I would therefore recommend that you have a quick check as this may differ for each university. Liverpool Hope's halls of residence open on Monday 25th February for example. The price will also depend on the location of the university and which type (en suite or shared).

I hope this helps,
Tom :cyber:
amazmus2710
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Apply as soon as you can, a lot of universities assign accommodation on a first come, first served basis. By applying as soon as you can you dramatically increase your chances of getting your first choice accommodation. As for the price range, it completely depends on which university you're going to, and which location. Obviously prices in London are going to be far higher than halls in Manchester
Xanimede
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Should you apply even if you've not decided which uni you want yet? If you have 4 unconditionals, should you apply for accommodation in all 4 unis in case the last one takes too long?
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Xanimede)
Should you apply even if you've not decided which uni you want yet? If you have 4 unconditionals, should you apply for accommodation in all 4 unis in case the last one takes too long?
Most universities only allow you to apply for accommodation once you've chosen them as your firm choice (and insurance too in a few places).

If everyone applied for accommodation for anywhere they had an offer, that would just get silly as there would be a huge number of pointless applications.
EuropaLiverpool
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Good Afternoon ,
Here at Europa we have 2 1/2 full blocks with just 1st year students moving in this September.

We have 592 rooms on site and have up to 4 events taking place each month ( so that you get to met new people all the time).

Our prices start from £126 (for £160, I would expect a full cleaning service and butler) and it only costs £100 to secure a room with us.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding Europa or the booking process.

Have a fabulous day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads