Apparently Asian people are often racist to black people Watch

stereocop
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've heard talk about some retarded Indian people being extremely racist towards black people because of their darker skin colour, which is hypocritical since they have insecurities about their own skin colour and would hate anyone to say anything to them. As an Indian girl, that is absolutely disgusting and has to do with Indian culture having a background of caste and status and dark being "lower caste". Apart from that, these particular Indians have a lot of self hate, which is why they lash out at others. Their spineless cowardly selves don't seek to better things around them but are parasites. Please tell them to **** off.

Ffs.
Ameliakaz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I agree with some Indians can be racist to black people
But why don't they like black people
They are dark Indians out there. Some Indians. Guys don't even date black girls
amaraub
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who would have thought some people in a certain group are racist?

If you take any demographic of any population, a small proportion will be racist.
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by stereocop)
So I've heard talk about some retarded Indian people being extremely racist towards black people because of their darker skin colour, which is hypocritical since they have insecurities about their own skin colour and would hate anyone to say anything to them. As an Indian girl, that is absolutely disgusting and has to do with Indian culture having a background of caste and status and dark being "lower caste". Apart from that, these particular Indians have a lot of self hate, which is why they lash out at others. Their spineless cowardly selves don't seek to better things around them but are parasites. Please tell them to **** off.

Ffs.
Most races have something against black people (unfortunately); Asians (not limited to Indians) have a thing against darker skin colour even within their own communities as fairer skin is considered more beautiful in their cultural standard.

People can try to educate out the prejudice in the coming generations since we Asians are all (or mostly) born in the UK/spent the majority of our years here, so we have less cultural issues than our parents and grandparents
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm ethnically Indian and I see what you mean. I've seen Indians, including my family that have some sort of prejudice towards those with dark skin and seem to please the white people. I'm not sure why they do this, but it really annoys me because as a child I used to feel insecure about being brown because people at school and other people around me would say that white skin is better. Sometimes racism seems to be quite discrete, but those types hurt the most.
Ameliakaz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a black girl my child is half bengali
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve worked with refugees and there’s a lot of xenophobia, stereotyping and racism in every country. People want to believe they’re better than someone else and they get a certain satisfaction from having a ‘them and us’ mentality. It exists between different ethnic groups in the same country and between different countries in Asia and Africa. It was much the same with Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland.
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is true. Especially the older generation. They are very ignorant!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Quite true from my experience. I found eastern Asians to be the most racists (they tend to hide it), and receive A LOT of negative reaction for being in an interracial relationship (I'm black and gf is chinese).
xtazyyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly ive seen this self hatred even in my own somali people. who refuse to accept they are african and choose to beleive that they are purely arab
muthalganesan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I will state the following in relation to how society treats Black people:

I grew up in various parts of the UK, mostly small cities and towns, and importantly most people around me were white. After we all went through puberty therefore basically all my immediate gay friends were white too, and the surrounding gay society was also full of white people. I find it really odd that blacks are so prominent in gay culture - I never meet white gays that sexually like blacks, but consequently I have met white gays that will discriminate against blacks. The media, especially mainstream media, does not represent this well. If you can get someone like Milo Yianopolis on the mainstream media's portrayal of the far right but have no inclination about racism against blacks then I think it's fair to say that Blacks get a lot of unfair support from mainstream media.

Even if black people are more likely to face homophobia or socioeconomic discrimination, it doesn't mean that all blacks should be racially targeted for special help, especially when that help is for them to 'win' over other races. This is why I dislike the Black community. They should be able to do it by themselves without breastfeeding from white people. And let's face it about blacks, many black people in the UK are probably some of the worst and most racist people you could ever meet, they probably fall somewhere down close to Muslims in terms of things like violent crime and antisocial behaviour. The racism is certainly not one way at all.
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just ignore them and if they begin to infringe on your civil rights, use methods of having them shut up.
Though that would not mean that they aren't thinking of blacks in a racist light though, its just that they ain't expressing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads