Midwifery RGU Watch

erinmackayxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, Has anyone been given an interview at RGU for midwifery 2019? If so has anyone got one that also doesn't have the qualifications that are required? Thanks
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by erinmackayxx)
Hello, Has anyone been given an interview at RGU for midwifery 2019? If so has anyone got one that also doesn't have the qualifications that are required? Thanks
Have you been offered an interview.?
I’m in Kent and have applied with lower a level grades than they have specified. I only sent my application on Sunday and not heard anything yet. x
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Yes just got my invitation for interview today. I’ve got it on the 23rd of January😬 I applied last year but didn’t get in and also didn’t get the grades that I needed. So applied again this year only having ABCC at higher and thought they would get back to me saying no you don’t have the required qualifications. I only sent mine in 6 days ago! x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes just got my invitation for interview today. I’ve got it on the 23rd of January😬 I applied last year but didn’t get in and also didn’t get the grades that I needed. So applied again this year only having ABCC at higher and thought they would get back to me saying no you don’t have the required qualifications. I only sent mine in 6 days ago! x
Congratulations ! What great news. Perseverance pays off :-) it
shows you’re passionate about the role.
Hope the interview goes well. Have they sent you any info on what to expect ? X
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Thank you! I hope you get a reply back soon
Yeah I’ve wanted to do midwifery for a long time so if not this year I’ll keep applying. I haven’t looked into the email yet but if it’s like last year I hope I’ll be more prepared as I know what to expect x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you! I hope you get a reply back soon
Yeah I’ve wanted to do midwifery for a long time so if not this year I’ll keep applying. I haven’t looked into the email yet but if it’s like last year I hope I’ll be more prepared as I know what to expect x
Ah you have an advantage that you’ve been through it before :-) how fab that you will be able to prepare more thoroughly this.
Have you done anything this year to gain relevant experience ? X
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Definitely hoping I’ll be more confident cause think I was really shy last year. I got a job in administration at a hospital so I’ve gained experience working in a healthcare setting x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely hoping I’ll be more confident cause think I was really shy last year. I got a job in administration at a hospital so I’ve gained experience working in a healthcare setting x
Sounds like you’ve got a really strong application. Good luck :-) post on here and let us know how the interview goes x
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Thank you so much. I will do. Let me know if you get an interview x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much. I will do. Let me know if you get an interview x
Fingers crossed I hear back soon. The wait is killing me lol. Feels like a bit of a long shot without the right grades. It’s so competitive ! Xx
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Yeah I know! I didn’t even think I was going to get an interview this year just because it is so competitive. On one of the open days last year I spoke to one of the midwives, she said so many people do have the required qualifications so I really didn’t think I’d even have a chance!! x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I know! I didn’t even think I was going to get an interview this year just because it is so competitive. On one of the open days last year I spoke to one of the midwives, she said so many people do have the required qualifications so I really didn’t think I’d even have a chance!! x
It’s given me hope that they evaluate each individual application and see the bigger picture not just the grades xx
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Yeah I like that they do that too! Also if people don’t have the grades like I do, I just needed a B. The C that I got could easily be a few marks off a B. How sad is that, I have to do a year at collage to do a higher course for the sake of 2 or 3 marks. I’m glad they give people a chance rather than just reject them x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I like that they do that too! Also if people don’t have the grades like I do, I just needed a B. The C that I got could easily be a few marks off a B. How sad is that, I have to do a year at collage to do a higher course for the sake of 2 or 3 marks. I’m glad they give people a chance rather than just reject them x
Hey :-) I just got a reply from Greenwich inviting me to the next stage which is a numeracy test ! So happy x
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Peggym)
Hey :-) I just got a reply from Greenwich inviting me to the next stage which is a numeracy test ! So happy x
Aww that is so good well done!! So happy for you. Hope it goes well 🤗 x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aww that is so good well done!! So happy for you. Hope it goes well 🤗 x
Thanks :-) it’s not until 23rd feb so some time to revise my very rusty maths !!
Hope you’re still feeling relaxed about your impending interview. I’m sure you’ll smash it xx
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Thanks :-) it’s not until 23rd feb so some time to revise my very rusty maths !!
Hope you’re still feeling relaxed about your impending interview. I’m sure you’ll smash it xx
That’s good you’ll have ages to prepare!! Getting a bit nervous now. Thank you xx
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey how did your interview go ? Xx
erinmackayxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey how did your interview go ? Xx
Sorry! Forgot to let you know. It went better than expected was still so nervous but was a lot more relaxed this time than last. Spoke a lot more and felt happy with what I contributed! Because it’s so competitive I’m still not sure I will get a place but fingers crossed🤞🏻 x
Peggym
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry! Forgot to let you know. It went better than expected was still so nervous but was a lot more relaxed this time than last. Spoke a lot more and felt happy with what I contributed! Because it’s so competitive I’m still not sure I will get a place but fingers crossed🤞🏻 x
Ah it sounds like you’ve made real progress from your last interview. Speaking up more and relaxing into it :-) well done you.
I get cripplingly nervous and turn into a jabbering wreck ! It’s so tricky combatting nerves isn’t it.
Good luck ! I hope you get an answer soon :-) xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.52%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.67%
No, but I want to start (189)
36%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.57%