Homeschool Watch

Tom908
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I switch to self-study at home instead of Sixth Form (I'm 16)? Do I have to have my parents' permission? Am I required to enroll with an online school?
KimNoel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tom908)
How do I switch to self-study at home instead of Sixth Form (I'm 16)? Do I have to have my parents' permission? Am I required to enroll with an online school?
u can do courses online as thats what i was going to o if i didn't get into the school now that i am at however these options can be very expensive, why is it that u want to do this, im 16 aswell maybe we could help each other
National Extension College
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tom908)
NEC offers online A level study for those who pursue education other than in school. Keep your parents onside with your choices. You can see our range of subjects here. Costs compare favourably to tutoring at home or Easter revision courses. Plus we can simplify the access to endorsement and exams. All the best,
Daniel
2childmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to find somewhere to sit the exams first, so that you know which exam boards they offer. It costs quite a lot to enter privately - as well as the exam board fee there will be admin fees charged by the exam centre.

Some subjects are very difficult to take at home - eg sciences because of the practical requirements, anything with coursework.

You don't need to pay for any sort of tutoring - you can just study from textbooks etc, but it is worth having some sort of input at some point, especially for exam technique.

You really need to have your parents agreement - it will cost money to sit the exams, and to pay for whatever tuition you decide you need, plus textbooks etc. Plus, if your parents get Family Allowance they will lose it (they can only claim it if you were homeeducated before the age of 16)

Lots of information here -http://he-exams.wikia.com/wiki/HE_Exams_Wiki
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.67%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.33%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
5%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.67%
No (41)
68.33%

Watched Threads