The Student Room Group

Left my name on an essay that was to be marked anonymously, will it affect my grade?

Our essays are marked anonymously and I left my name under an image I created as credit for the essay, but forgot to change it to something anonymous.

Will this affect my grade at all or is it just for the sake of privacy?
It's largely for the sake of privacy but it does depend what the essay was for and where it was submitted to
Original post by lightfagami
Our essays are marked anonymously and I left my name under an image I created as credit for the essay, but forgot to change it to something anonymous.

Will this affect my grade at all or is it just for the sake of privacy?

its marked anonymously so markers get influenced by seeing someone's name on the paper. Either way, this shouldn't affect your grade at all, as I'm sure the work gets second marked and/or moderated by someone else.

But if you're that concerned, email your lecturer.

I put my name down in my exam paper once, and emailed my lecturer, they told me they'll disregard it in the marking process.
Reply 3
if essays are marked without names on them how are you gonna know which mark you got?
Original post by ANM775
if essays are marked without names on them how are you gonna know which mark you got?

Uni tends to have an exam number (for each student) which is associated to their Student record. Markers probably don't have access to student record to search up the student, thus making the marking process fair.

Then I guess, someone else uploads the results on student record by using the student exam number.

For assignments, they they probably use Student ID for assignments as opposed to Student Exam Number.
Hey, I got the same problem for my exam today(When writing an example I used my own name). My uni also has anonymous marking policy, and I am a little bit worried about this. Was your mark influenced by the name appeared in essay?
Reply 6
Original post by Esther0905
Hey, I got the same problem for my exam today(When writing an example I used my own name). My uni also has anonymous marking policy, and I am a little bit worried about this. Was your mark influenced by the name appeared in eNossay?

No nothing happened to me, so I wouldn't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending