The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams in 4 Months and have done barely any revision... HELP!

So, my final exams are in 4 months and i'm just struggling with revision completely, i know i need to be revising but i can never bring myself to do anything. I use Seneca Learning for revision but i feel like the information never sticks in my head or i just lose interest very quickly and begin to procrastinate. My dad makes me revise 2 hours a day but i end up only doing a little bit before going onto youtube and just wasting my time because i just dont feel like doing revision. I have my last set of mocks in March and i should be revising for every topic (English, Maths) but i just cant bring myself to complete revising. I dont know what else to do and i really need help because i want to achieve the best grades i possibly can but i just have a really low self esteem and feel like i can do it. I really need help :frown:
Same here,

I have just around 4 months left but don't be too stressed out.

Just make notes on Seneca as you complete a topic. And just cover the paper and memorise it.

Then 10-20 minutes later memorise it again.

I feel stressed out sometimes, but Seneca is a really good alternative for revision
Reply 2
I use Seneca for Science and Maths but i honestly feel like its not helping. I complete a section but then forget, the problem is that i lose interest. I got 3s and 4s in my mocks but that was because i barely revised. Revision is the worst for me, i hate procrastinating but i still do it, and i have upcoming mocks again in March and i still feel its so difficult to cover everything. I feel like a failure.
Original post by furutablaze
I use Seneca for Science and Maths but i honestly feel like its not helping. I complete a section but then forget, the problem is that i lose interest. I got 3s and 4s in my mocks but that was because i barely revised. Revision is the worst for me, i hate procrastinating but i still do it, and i have upcoming mocks again in March and i still feel its so difficult to cover everything. I feel like a failure.

what's the point of using seneca for maths? use practice papers!
Reply 4
use the specification: make sure you understand and can answer the questions from the spec, do a different subject every day so you can devote more time to it (like 2-3 hours after school with 10-15 min break every 30-45 mins) instead of like 10 mins doing 3 subjects which don't do anything, answer practice questions and bang out past papers (do these once you finish revising a topic or all the topics in each paper), ask your teacher for Pearson revision checklist for science, do the topics that you don't know first, only use Seneca to remind yourself if you need to jog your memory and read through your notes from class when you're doing a topic

hopefully, something from here helps :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
This is soooo me except I'm home schooled so when I revise I feel as though nothing is sinking in no matter how much I go over my books. I'm sitting IGCSE with CIE exam board which doesn't help because it's supposed to be a really difficult. I'm considering on changing my exam board all together but exams are 4 months away...... What should I do???
lol gcses were easy I did last day revision pulled out 4A*s 6As.

Quick Reply

Latest