The Student Room Group

Not making notes - making flashcards straight away

Thoughts on doing this?

I currently use Anki to make all my flashcards, should I be taking notes? I always tend to writing the same stuff
I just bought the CGP science Flashcards but majority of the time I right notes
Reply 2
Depends on how best you learn. If you best learn by doing flashcards first, so be it. If you learn best by doing notes first, so be it.
Reply 3
Original post by Electrofusion8
I just bought the CGP science Flashcards but majority of the time I right notes

Do you think writing your own notes AND using your flashcards helps you?
Original post by iBearHQ
Do you think writing your own notes AND using your flashcards helps you?

Yes, definitely because I present my notes in the Cornell method so I can easily see the key notes I need. Flashcards are a top up which I usually use when I'm on the go.
It kinda depends on the subject. But personally, I find it's better to make notes first and then do flashcards since you're only condensing the information further so in a way it's a passive way of revising. But also for the fact that if you come across the problem that you don't understand something on the flashcard, you can rely on your notes to reinforce the information.
Reply 6
I am using the method of notetaking and flashcards together by first writing notes form all resources that I know and I would make small flashcards is this would get a top grades in every subjects
Reply 7
Original post by varghesea2
I am using the method of notetaking and flashcards together by first writing notes form all resources that I know and I would make small flashcards is this would get a top grades in every subjects

Please get a reply as soon as possible So I can do it
Thank you

Quick Reply