Accommodation payment mistake

Watch
clegggers
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Logged into my University’s portal to make my accommodation payment only for it to say that I owe £1,400 less than I actually do - something has evidently gone wrong somewhere and I believe the University thinks my payment for last term has gone towards this term’s payments (as I paid £1,400 last term because I switched accom halfway through). What should I do? Feel a bit immoral honestly
Chloexx47
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Talk to the accommodation team at your university. Either ring, email or if they have a drop in session then go to that and explain.
DarkChaoz95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by clegggers)
Logged into my University’s portal to make my accommodation payment only for it to say that I owe £1,400 less than I actually do - something has evidently gone wrong somewhere and I believe the University thinks my payment for last term has gone towards this term’s payments (as I paid £1,400 last term because I switched accom halfway through). What should I do? Feel a bit immoral honestly
Speak to your accomodation office and get the issue sorted out. Thats all you really can do to be honest.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on you, my chains of morality break all the time.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Contact your university's finance department and they'll get it sorted. If you don't say anything hoping they won't notice, it's very likely you won't be allowed to graduate, as they don't allow people to receive their degree if they are in debt to the university.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would keep quiet and wait to see if they notice...that's just me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads