Can I pick my insurance choice if I change my mind? Watch

RoosCapel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have just received a conditional offer from Winchester, which they will make unconditional if I make it my firm choice. However, I also want to go to Portsmouth, which I have a conditional offer for, but I don't know if I will be able to meet the requirements. If I choose Winchester as my firm choice, will I still be able to go to Portsmouth if I meet the requirements?
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RoosCapel)
I have just received a conditional offer from Winchester, which they will make unconditional if I make it my firm choice. However, I also want to go to Portsmouth, which I have a conditional offer for, but I don't know if I will be able to meet the requirements. If I choose Winchester as my firm choice, will I still be able to go to Portsmouth if I meet the requirements?
Unlikely.

That’s why they give unconditional if firm offers. To put you in a place of extra stress and to make you pick them over another university you prefer.
Generally I’d say do whatever you’d do if it wasn’t the unconditional if firm offer and was just the conditional (unless your predictions were grossly over inflated or for personal reasons or something you know you won’t stand a chance of meeting the grades) it’s likely that unis will lower grades on results day anyway. And there is always clearing.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
swanseajack1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No if you choose a firm that is where you go, If you accept an unconditional you are in that uni and dont have an insurance. You cannot use adjustment either. The only option would be to ask Wichester to release you so you can apply to Portsmouth. It would be up to Winchester whether they agree to that. Do not accept an unconditional unless you are certain that is the university you wish to attend and dont make any decision until April. If at all possible attend visit days in the meantime.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Chances are that if they’re making unconditional offers then they’ll accept pretty much any grades if you put them as your insurance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads