abbiefitz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've applied for a fashion course at MMU but have no idea what the process is or what to expect. Do they request an online portfolio before interview, or do they interview most applicants? Anyone with any info or advice would be greatly appreciated as it's one of my top choices !!
mhmci
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi, just wondering how long after you applied did it take them to get back to you? I applied on the 20th of December for Graphic Design and they still haven't gotten back to me, kind of worried as it's my first choice, also I've looked into it and I know for Graphic Design they do interviews in person I'm pretty sure for fashion it'll be the same?
abbiefitz
Rep:
?
all i’ve heard back from them is that they received and are processing my application but that’s all !
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abbiefitz)
I've applied for a fashion course at MMU but have no idea what the process is or what to expect. Do they request an online portfolio before interview, or do they interview most applicants? Anyone with any info or advice would be greatly appreciated as it's one of my top choices !!
Hi Abbie,

Which specific fashion course is it that you have applied for? Is it the straight BA (Hons) Fashion, BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Technology or BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion? I can then check portfolio/interview information.

Rebecca
abbiefitz
Rep:
?
ahh thank you ! it was fashion art direction and fashion promotion.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mhmci)
hi, just wondering how long after you applied did it take them to get back to you? I applied on the 20th of December for Graphic Design and they still haven't gotten back to me, kind of worried as it's my first choice, also I've looked into it and I know for Graphic Design they do interviews in person I'm pretty sure for fashion it'll be the same?
We advise that applications can take up to 6 weeks to be processed, however because of the Christmas break, there is a slight delay in the processing of applications.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer, and you hear from us soon. You are right in saying that we interview in person, and prior to interview we also ask for a digital portfolio. Please keep an eye on your UCAS Track and emails for any updates on your application.

Good luck with your application

Rebecca
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abbiefitz)
ahh thank you ! it was fashion art direction and fashion promotion.
For the Fashion Art Direction, you do not send your portfolio beforehand. The Admissions Team assess your application, and decide whether to bring you in for interview based on your predicted grades/grades, personal statement and reference. You will be asked to bring a copy of your portfolio to the interview. If you are invited to interview, we will send you further details prior to it so that you can prepare.

For the Fashion Promotion, we ask you to send a copy of your digital portfolio. We will request this via email. Your digital portfolio will then be assessed, and the Admissions Team will then decide whether to invite you to interview. Again, we will send you further on the interview if you are invited.

Hope this helps!

Hopefully you will be hearing from us soon. Good luck with your application!!

Rebecca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
28.21%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10.26%
No I am happy with my choice (44)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads