The Student Room Group

I had my first drink

I was gone after 2 drinks and 2 shots. Am I a lightweight or is it because its my first drink and haven't developed a tolerance to it
yes to both, you're going to be a lightweight as you have no tolerance. you'll get a tolerance but to be honest with you, being a heavy weight is expensive and tends to be less fun. don't worry about it - but if you do, shots tend to be a sure give way to get drunk if you want to do more social drinking go for beers or ciders
Reply 2
Original post by wattm056
yes to both, you're going to be a lightweight as you have no tolerance. you'll get a tolerance but to be honest with you, being a heavy weight is expensive and tends to be less fun. don't worry about it - but if you do, shots tend to be a sure give way to get drunk if you want to do more social drinking go for beers or ciders

would you say that my experience is normal? two drinks doesn't sound like a lot to me
Original post by Anonymous
would you say that my experience is normal? two drinks doesn't sound like a lot to me

what type of drink
Reply 4
Original post by wattm056
what type of drink

vodka mixed w coke
Original post by Anonymous
vodka mixed w coke

depends on the concentration but no think it's normal
if you want my honest opinion though, I think your over think this drastically. no one really cares who's a lightweight or not, they'll make fun of you for a couple minutes but it's just banta. if it really bothers you, make sure your hydrated and have your stomach lined with food before you drink - it makes you less of a lightweight.
Reply 6
You'll develop "immunity" to alcohol along the way. It's normal for you to get drunk easily when it's your first time drinking. Just have fun whilst it's cheap for you to drink.
Also, although it depends on the person, I'd advise against mixing types of alcohol. Drinking vodka and then having a sip of champagne can leave you bed bound the day after.
quick tip to avoid hangover, down as much water as you can before you go to sleep. it will rehydrate you and I cannot stress how much it helps
It doesn't matter about how much you can drink, so long as you learn your limits and are wary when you're approaching them. If you know you have a low tolerance, mix up what you drink so alternate every alcoholic drink with a soft drink. I sometimes do that just so that I can still drive home, so I have 2 maybe 3 alcoholic drinks over the course of about 6 hours.
I was gone after one and a half ciders the first time I drank. I was a petite, 5 foot 1, 18 year old girl, though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending