benry
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In a scenario where Person A has brought a car from Person B for £5000 and the engine of the car happened to seize (stop working completely) how can Person A claim damages and discharge the contract.

In addition is there an implied warranty in UK law if so can someone explain.

Thank you
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I hope very much this is an academic law question, rather than some shady ****er trying to get free legal tips.

Are persons A and B consumers? Might be that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies. You have to ask: were the goods defective on sale.
benry
Rep:
They're both traders so the contract would be deemed to be a commercial business contract. Sorry for not making that clear. I know the SGA and UCTA etc apply. However, I'm failing to get my head around how the contract would be discharged?

(Original post by Notoriety)I hope very much this is an academic law question, rather than some shady ****er trying to get free legal tips.

Are persons A and B consumers? Might be that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies. You have to ask: were the goods defective on sale.
benry
Rep:
They're both traders so the contract would be deemed to be a commercial business contract. Sorry for not making that clear. I know the SGA and UCTA etc apply. However, I'm failing to get my head around how the contract would be discharged?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
20.79%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.88%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (6)
5.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
16.83%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
22.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
21.78%

Watched Threads