The Student Room Group

I am so overweight, how can you lose weight fast?

So I've been really trying to lose weight and nothing is working, I'm 5ft 3 and weight 9 st 3lb (59Kg) and female. I've been doing so much exercise, I do sprinting outside of school and I attend a sports club every day during lunch at school. So then I decided that this isn't enough, so I now skip breakfast and lunch and this still doesn't do anything, I've seen no difference at all. I looked up how many calories you need to have to lose weight and for females you need to cut out about 500 or something like that. However, today when I got home from school I was so flipping hungry and I ate two jam doughnuts. Then I checked that and saw that together that would be 500 calories so I felt so bad and made myself throw up. Like recently, after I've eating something I'm like WTF that's too many calories and then I make myself sick but it still doesn't make any difference to my weight. Can someone please suggest some ways to lose weight fast?
Exercise a minimum of 30 mins a day and dont eat more than 1500 calories a day.

Also your BMI seems to be in the 20-25 range which is healthy so you may be being paranoid.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
No sugar, no processed food, no junk food.

Eat all the lean meat, fish, eggs, vegetables and fruit you like.

Most importantly, exercise.

Stay consistent and you'll drop it in no time.
The easiest way is to eat less.

This whole thing about not eating certain things is questionable when it comes to weight. There are other health reasons as to why you might want to change your diet, but the vast majority of weight change comes from calories. As long as you keep within a certain calory limit, you'll come down to a desired weight. Exercise helps, obviously if you're burning calories, you create a bigger deficit.

One piece of advice I will give when it comes to avoiding things is liquid calories. It's very easy to overdo it with fatty drinks. Especially if you drink a lot of full-fat (blue top) or channel island (Gold top) milk.
Original post by TheMcSame
The easiest way is to eat less.

This whole thing about not eating certain things is questionable when it comes to weight. There are other health reasons as to why you might want to change your diet, but the vast majority of weight change comes from calories. As long as you keep within a certain calory limit, you'll come down to a desired weight. Exercise helps, obviously if you're burning calories, you create a bigger deficit.

One piece of advice I will give when it comes to avoiding things is liquid calories. It's very easy to overdo it with fatty drinks. Especially if you drink a lot of full-fat (blue top) or channel island (Gold top) milk.

Second point agreeable. Liquid calories are bad, avoid fizzy drinks because its extremely easy to have a lot of sugar and calories in one go. A 500ml bottle of coke has 201 calories, which is worse than even full-fat milk. (Often sugar and unhealthy fats account for fat accumulation as less fat is being burned for energy due to the ample supply of sugar).
Reply 5
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Second point agreeable. Liquid calories are bad, avoid fizzy drinks because its extremely easy to have a lot of sugar and calories in one go. A 500ml bottle of coke has 201 calories, which is worse than even full-fat milk. (Often sugar and unhealthy fats account for fat accumulation as less fat is being burned for energy due to the ample supply of sugar).

Correct, exactly.

Honestly OP, cut out junk food, processed food and sugar and you will lose weight by its self. No empty calories and your body will use fat for fuel. Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit (no white potatoes, no grains). It's also highly unlikely you'll go over your maintenence calories eating like this, which is why it works. With processed and junk food you pile on hundreds even thousands of empty calories. So not eating certain things does work.

I went from a fatty boom batty to someone with decent lean muscle in no time doing this.

Regular exercise is important.
Keep working hard , patience is key , don’t give up!!
Reply 7
Original post by IzaGratKnight
So I've been really trying to lose weight and nothing is working, I'm 5ft 3 and weight 9 st 3lb (59Kg) and female. I've been doing so much exercise, I do sprinting outside of school and I attend a sports club every day during lunch at school. So then I decided that this isn't enough, so I now skip breakfast and lunch and this still doesn't do anything, I've seen no difference at all. I looked up how many calories you need to have to lose weight and for females you need to cut out about 500 or something like that. However, today when I got home from school I was so flipping hungry and I ate two jam doughnuts. Then I checked that and saw that together that would be 500 calories so I felt so bad and made myself throw up. Like recently, after I've eating something I'm like WTF that's too many calories and then I make myself sick but it still doesn't make any difference to my weight. Can someone please suggest some ways to lose weight fast?

You are suffering with a form of "Bullemia" seek medical advise as soon as you can please.
What you describe makes it sound like you may have more of a mental health issue than physical issue.
Your BMI is right in the middle of the healthy range and if you exercise as much as you are saying then your body is definitely healthy.
Skipping breakfast and lunch is not something anyone should do as it makes you lack energy and be unproductive. Your body and brain need that nutrients to function properly. Making yourself throw up is a sign that you should probably seek medical advise as it is a destructive way to lose weight.
If you are healthy (which evidence suggests that you are) then you should be happy with your body and learn to love it. It is beautiful just the way it is and you will destroy it if you keep doing what you are doing.
If you insist on losing weight then don't try to do it quickly, gradually add some muscle while losing some body fat. The best way to do this is through running and muscle building exercise at the gym.
So try your best to accept and love your body and enjoy the food you eat.
Original post by IzaGratKnight

scottish shower

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending