The Student Room Group

what to buy for University

Hi there,
I start university this September and wondered if anyone can recommend items to buy to help with studying. I've been told to buy highlighters for notes and other obvious things like notepads, files and pens ect. I was just wondering if there's anything else that is really useful for studying and revision.

I'm completely new to all this so any ideas are appreciated.

Thankyou :smile:
What are you planning to study?

It's worth waiting to buy any new laptop/tablets etc until after you start university so that you can get student discounts - lots of students buy in the summer when the prices are highest and they don't have a discount and waste hundreds of pounds.
Reply 2
Thankyou, I didn't think of discounts:smile:
Original post by CBrownie
Hi there,
I start university this September and wondered if anyone can recommend items to buy to help with studying. I've been told to buy highlighters for notes and other obvious things like notepads, files and pens ect. I was just wondering if there's anything else that is really useful for studying and revision.

Hi @CBrownie!

Check out our blog post for some packing tips, and scroll down to the bottom for a link to a very comprehensive spreadsheet of an example packing list.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Thankyou that's really helpful :smile:
Thankyou that's really helpful :smile:

i would say pinboards, food, highlighters filles seperators the norm tbh i would also reccoment cheap wallpaper as you can stick it up in the wall with a bit of tape and write revision notes on it when you are done take it down xx hope it helps
Hi there,

Hello,

I would definitely reccomend grabbing an academic planner - I am so so scatty and would not have made it this far without having somewhere to write and plan reading and prepare for seminars and essays. They're so underrated but having something physical with all your planning in is so helpful.

Good luck at uni,

Abbi

Student Rep, Univeristy of Huddersfield
Hi there,

:smile: thanks for the rep
Reply 8
@browneyedbaker
It's okay :smile: thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest