I'm pretty, but i'm very awkward and insecure... Please help me Watch

MaikoDarling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know the title sounds very arrogant, and I'm sorry if it offended you, but anyway back to the issue!

I've been called pretty and attractive by many people, and have been asked to model by agencies, I love the attention and all, but at school its completely different. As a child I was bullied a lot, I was harassed daily by kids saying "Go kill your self", and other things like "You have no friends, you're such a freak, I wouldn't care if you died". I really started to believe what they said, and got into a very depressed state, I wouldn't talk to anyone and basically shut myself out. This is probably one of the other reasons why I became so shy and socially insecure. I have a group of amazing friends today, and they've really helped me break out of my shell. Although this is the case, I have trouble speaking to people and making new friends. I'm always on my phone by myself in class, and when someone tries talking to me I get really awkward. It's to the point were people can tell that i'm very uncomfortable... Will I ever break out of my shell?
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You'll get through it. Important thing is to keep trying, the more you socialize the easier it'll get. The worse thing you can do is shy away from it.

Face your fears head on now and life will be easier in the future. Once you've faced your fears a couple of times - talked to random people, forced yourself to look at someone in the eyes while they're talking to you and hold a conversation that fear will soon subside and it'll come natural to you.

Watch self-improvement videos on youtube, there's actually some really good videos about dealing with social situations etc on there.

Good luck
MaikoDarling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
You'll get through it. Important thing is to keep trying, the more you socialize the easier it'll get. The worse thing you can do is shy away from it.

Face your fears head on now and life will be easier in the future. Once you've faced your fears a couple of times - talked to random people, forced yourself to look at someone in the eyes while they're talking to you and hold a conversation that fear will soon subside and it'll come natural to you.

Watch self-improvement videos on youtube, there's actually some really good videos about dealing with social situations etc on there.

Good luck

What you said really helped me.

I've been searching up videos on the internet for awhile, and I haven't come across any that could do anything for my problem. Facing your fears is tough, but I know I can get through this!

It's just tough already, i'm scared of being rejected, or thought of as weird... The kids who bullied me really made an impact, and I don't think it was a good one. Although people change! I'm sure that those kids have too.

If you could, do you mind if you could recommend any videos to help? Really sorry for all the trouble!

Thank you so much!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Lucky you’ve got the looks and the personality. Now you’ve got to focus on self-esteem,self confidence, self love etc...It’s not easy but you could YouTube videos like “how to gain confidence etc etc. You should have that mentality of “I don’t care what anyone thinks of me”... Just don’t compare yourself to other (the worse thing you could possibly do). You’re unique in your own way just embrace it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nabilahhh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you tried CBT?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MaikoDarling)
What you said really helped me.

I've been searching up videos on the internet for awhile, and I haven't come across any that could do anything for my problem. Facing your fears is tough, but I know I can get through this!

It's just tough already, i'm scared of being rejected, or thought of as weird... The kids who bullied me really made an impact, and I don't think it was a good one. Although people change! I'm sure that those kids have too.

If you could, do you mind if you could recommend any videos to help? Really sorry for all the trouble!

Thank you so much!
Practicing strong eye contact - this helped me tons, and it's harder than it first seems!
Psychological tricks to use in social situations
Be more likeable
Things not to say
Charisma tips
Social magnetism

And also when I go to sleep I always go to sleep with a hypnosis recording. Something like these:
Cure anxiety
Feel confident in all situations
Overcome shyness
Boost social skills
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (145)
58.7%
No (102)
41.3%

Watched Threads