Hignettt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I finished my GCSE's roughly 5 years ago and didn't complete any education past that point. I've recently just finished my 3 year relationship which has prompted me to change my mindset and focus on myself.

I have enrolled on Business & Management - Accounting & I'm worried I may struggle with the big gap between educational difficulty (Skipping A-Levels.).

I have prepared myself as much as I think I can - New desk, new laptop, all stationary etc.. and a motivated mindset. If I do put the time & effort in, should I realistically achieve the grades I'd hope to get?

Or is it mission impossible for someone in my shoes?

Thank you in advance

It's worth noting numbers and business are 2 things I have always been interested in (Working in restaurants as management I'd be more interested on the business side compared to the training staff, running a shift etc.) & I passed pretty much all my GCSE's with little revision - Hoping that shows I do take in information without me even realising. P.S - I do plan on revising thoroughly and putting in the work effort that is needed.
Last edited by Hignettt; 1 year ago
SuperCat007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hignettt)
Hello! I finished my GCSE's roughly 5 years ago and didn't complete any education past that point. I've recently just finished my 3 year relationship which has prompted me to change my mindset and focus on myself.

I have enrolled on Business & Management - Accounting & I'm worried I may struggle with the big gap between educational difficulty (Skipping A-Levels.).

I have prepared myself as much as I think I can - New desk, new laptop, all stationary etc.. and a motivated mindset. If I do put the time & effort in, should I realistically achieve the grades I'd hope to get?

Or is it mission impossible for someone in my shoes?

Thank you in advance

It's worth noting numbers and business are 2 things I have always been interested in (Working in restaurants as management I'd be more interested on the business side compared to the training staff, running a shift etc.) & I passed pretty much all my GCSE's with little revision - Hoping that shows I do take in information without me even realising. P.S - I do plan on revising thoroughly and putting in the work effort that is needed.
You’ll be fine. They assume little to no prior knowledge and most courses start at around GCSE level and work up from there.
Hignettt
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperCat007)
You’ll be fine. They assume little to no prior knowledge and most courses start at around GCSE level and work up from there.
Oh great! thanks alot!
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

As the post above says, Level 1 Modules start around GCSE to A Level in difficulity. Level 2 Modules are of course degree standard, they ease you in gently and you will do fine if you have motivation and interest in the studies
Hignettt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fwd)
Hi,

As the post above says, Level 1 Modules start around GCSE to A Level in difficulity. Level 2 Modules are of course degree standard, they ease you in gently and you will do fine if you have motivation and interest in the studies
Brilliant - I feel alot more at ease thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads