The Student Room Group

Average school education compare to grammar

I go to a secondary school that has GCSE results slightly above average (attainment, progress 8...), but I’m afraid that I’m getting not very good education. My grades are really high, but compare to a normal grammar school student would it be low? Thanks for reading this
Nope. We have the smart ones and the not so smart ones and I’m one of the 2nd
Reply 2
Original post by LN05
I go to a secondary school that has GCSE results slightly above average (attainment, progress 8...), but I’m afraid that I’m getting not very good education. My grades are really high, but compare to a normal grammar school student would it be low? Thanks for reading this

It really just depends what your grades are and what grammar school it is you're comparing yourself to. Tbh a quite a few people get really good grades without being in a grammar school and I think that you shouldn't let whether you go to one affect what grades you think you can achieve, unless the quality of education is terrible/ you're getting bullied terribly and it's affecting your academic growth.
I’m in a grammar school and my grades are not so great and there’s lots of people like that also
Reply 4
Original post by Afterlife?
I’m in a grammar school and my grades are not so great and there’s lots of people like that also

May I ask what schools do you go to?
Original post by LN05
May I ask what schools do you go to?

A Grammar school in the west mids
Reply 6
Original post by Afterlife?
A Grammar school in the west mids

A specific name please?

Quick Reply

Latest