The Student Room Group

Tell something about your family......

Share your story.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Umm we're Irish. We left during the Troubles because my grandparents were worried that they'd either have their house bombed or be shot if they stayed. Marriage between Catholics and Protestants was frowned on in certain circles so England looked safer. The Troubles left a very deep scar, people don't forget about it. We need to learn from their experiences.
Reply 2
im fostered and have been for 10 years haven't seen my real perents for all thst time
Reply 3
Original post by KimNoel
im fostered and have been for 10 years haven't seen my real perents for all thst time

why???
Reply 4
Original post by katf
Umm we're Irish. We left during the Troubles because my grandparents were worried that they'd either have their house bombed or be shot if they stayed. Marriage between Catholics and Protestants was frowned on in certain circles so England looked safer. The Troubles left a very deep scar, people don't forget about it. We need to learn from their experiences.

I'm from india....so england is safer till now???
Reply 5
Original post by meek boy
why???

my real perents didn't and couldn't look after me properly so i went into foster care
Reply 6
I'm from india....so england is safer till now???

Than Belfast for a mixed faith couple? Definitely. It's a lot better since the Good Friday agreement though. One of the best things Tony Blair ever did.
Reply 7
Original post by KimNoel
my real perents didn't and couldn't look after me properly so i went into foster care

Ok....forget about it...listen to shawn mendes....
Reply 8
Original post by KimNoel

Hope your these parents are taking your care.....
Reply 9
Hope your these parents are taking your care.....

they are i just think that if my real perents can't be bothere with me why should i bother with them
Reply 10
My mother is strict, my father isnt strict. I was born into a wealthy family and around rich people/kids and they are full of themselves and like to buy everything. My family and i are completely different, i always felt isolated because everyone around are different as if i am from a different planet. My mother and grandparents like to force their ideas on me while my father and brothers want me to live freely, so i am always in the middle of two different ideas.

My mother and i always have fights. My mother wanted me to marry a monster but she didnt succeed. I still never forget that.
(edited 5 years ago)
My grandparents fled to Argentina after the war from Germany - said they liked the weather better :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
My grandparents fled to Argentina after the war from Germany - said they liked the weather better :smile:

So now where do u live???
Born in Ireland in 1948. I am one of 16 children. My mother was married at 14. Birth control wasn’t allowed by the Catholic Church. She was poor, illiterate and ignorant. We all ended up in care, one after the other.
My number in the orphanage was 96. Names weren’t used.
Reply 14
Original post by Seamus123
Born in Ireland in 1948. I am one of 16 children. My mother was married at 14. Birth control wasn’t allowed by the Catholic Church. She was poor, illiterate and ignorant. We all ended up in care, one after the other.
My number in the orphanage was 96. Names weren’t used.

Names werent used? So none of you had names?

You went through a lot of bad things, i hope you are happy now.
Reply 15
[QUOTE="Ara2.;81478880"]Names werent used? So none of you had names?

You went through a lot of bad things, i hope you are happy now.[/QUOTE

had can people do this, its terrible.
Original post by katf

do you think a United Ireland will happen in our lifetimes and what do you think DUP?
Original post by Ara2.

You went through a lot of bad things, i hope you are happy now.

We had names, but there were many of us. We had numbers attached to our tunics. The nuns weren’t the brightest. Most of them came from poor homes in Ireland. Entering religion was ther escape from poverty.
Original post by KimNoel
Original post by Ara2.

You went through a lot of bad things, i hope you are happy now.[/QUOTE

had can people do this, its terrible.

**** happens. I have my own family now.
Reply 19
Original post by Seamus123
**** happens. I have my own family now.

thats good i am pleased for u

Quick Reply

Latest