Nurseone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I am a registered nurse and I am currently going through the application process to join the raf as a registered nurse. I am just waiting on my date for medical and fitness test. I was wondering if anyone else has recently been through the medical process and what it involves.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nurseone)
Hi, I am a registered nurse and I am currently going through the application process to join the raf as a registered nurse. I am just waiting on my date for medical and fitness test. I was wondering if anyone else has recently been through the medical process and what it involves.
There are lots of other threads on here all about it. If you glance down the first page you'll find several.
Nurseone
Rep:
?
Yes I have seen raf medical threads on here. But some are quite old and some of the reply’s I’m not to sure wether to take seriously lol. Was hoping to get a reply off someone who had recently been for medical preferably someone applying as a nurse or medic to see what the medical screening process was for them. Thanks for replying

(Original post by Drewski)There are lots of other threads on here all about it. If you glance down the first page you'll find several.
username2277483
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Very strict, I’ve been waiting for a year on my medical now. Be prepared, they will pick up anything, just be prepared to wait and if you’ve had anything you’ll be picked up on it
Nurseone
Rep:
?
Thanks for replying William. So what was the process? Do they make you walk around in underwear etc not that I’m fussed just intrigued about what happens as in what they ask you to do?
Have you applied as a RN or medic?

(Original post by william hart)
Very strict, I’ve been waiting for a year on my medical now. Be prepared, they will pick up anything, just be prepared to wait and if you’ve had anything you’ll be picked up on it
username2277483
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for replying William. So what was the process? Do they make you walk around in underwear etc not that I’m fussed just intrigued about what happens as in what they ask you to do?
Have you applied as a RN or medic?

(Original post by william hart)
No worries I applied for the raf, yea it’s a really comfortable environment they do the general checks, pee in a pot walk on heels, check eyes hearing mouth etc. Really basic. Then the doctor asks questions about history etc. Nothing to worry about :-)
Nurseone
Rep:
?
Thanks William. I’m just waiting on my medical date. Just read a few threads on here and some of the reply’s I don’t know whether to take them seriously or not lol. Did you have to strip down to underwear?
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

Ryan's blog should prove useful for you for most stages of the application process.

https://ryan9900.wordpress.com/

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Nurseone
Rep:
?
Thank you Adam I have already read this. Many thanks
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I have seen raf medical threads on here. But some are quite old and some of the reply’s I’m not to sure wether to take seriously lol. Was hoping to get a reply off someone who had recently been for medical preferably someone applying as a nurse or medic to see what the medical screening process was for them.
It's the same for everyone, so anything from the last couple of years will be relevant.
Nurseone
Rep:
?
Ahh ok thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.55%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (84)
27.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.25%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.31%

Watched Threads