The Student Room Group

Should i cancel the date?

This week I’ve had a sore throat and a bit of a cough, but not a full blown cold. My cough has been slightly worse today.

Our 3rd date is on Saturday, and we’ve been texting lots and the other dates have gone really well. I don’t really want to cancel and risk ruining the momentum we have.

Or should I let her know that I have a slightly sore throat and a bit of a cough, and see what she wants to do? Or would cancelling it be the ‘right thing to do’?
Tbh I would cancel if you don’t feel up to it
Just be honest with her and she should be fine with it
Make sure you reschedule/postpone plans just to show you’re not just cancelling bc you’re not interested
Good luck , lmk how it goes :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by curiousclouds
Tbh I would cancel if you don’t feel up to it
Just be honest with her and she should be fine with it
Make sure you reschedule/postpone plans just to show you’re not just cancelling bc you’re not interested
Good luck , lmk how it goes :smile:

Thanks! Though I should haven said it in my opening post - I actually feel fine in myself. Like I played football on Monday, I’ve been working, etc.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks! Though I should haven said it in my opening post - I actually feel fine in myself. Like I played football on Monday, I’ve been working, etc.

How much time did you leave between the 1st and 2nd date?
Reply 4
Original post by curiousclouds
How much time did you leave between the 1st and 2nd date?

A week
I completely understand your concern, but I think you'll be fine to cancel if that's what you decide, just don't describe it as "a slightly sore throat/'a bit' of a cough" when you cancel, because that frankly sounds like you're bailing because you don't want to go. :rofl3:
Eh should be fine to cancel imo
Hope it works out
Reply 7
Original post by charl.elise
I completely understand your concern, but I think you'll be fine to cancel if that's what you decide, just don't describe it as "a slightly sore throat/'a bit' of a cough" when you cancel, because that frankly sounds like you're bailing because you don't want to go. :rofl3:

Thanks, though I suppose my concern is more should I ought to cancel, out of courtesy to her, as I’d like to go ahead with it.
Thanks, though I suppose my concern is more should I ought to cancel, out of courtesy to her, as I’d like to go ahead with it.

Oh yeah, I get that, I just noticed your wording and felt like I should flag it up since you're worried about generally giving her the wrong impression/ruining your momentum. Best of luck, if you set another definite date when you cancel (not just 'oh another time'), I'm sure things will work out fine. :smile:
Reply 9
do cancel if you don't feel well BUT OFFER TO REARRANGE IN THE SAME MESSAGE and you'll be golden and she won't think you're bailing
Original post by charl.elise

Yeah you’re right, though if I was to message her as if giving her the option like:

”really looking forward to seeing you again this weekend. Earlier in the week I had a sore throat, feeling much better now and only coughing slightly - just wanted to let you know in case you’d rather sack it off and move our plans to next weekend?”

would that be ok?
Yeah you’re right, though if I was to message her as if giving her the option like:

”really looking forward to seeing you again this weekend. Earlier in the week I had a sore throat, feeling much better now and only coughing slightly - just wanted to let you know in case you’d rather sack it off and move our plans to next weekend?”

would that be ok?

That sounds fine yeah :smile:
Do it over a phone call and cough a bit so she doesn't think you're making it up :laugh: (serious btw)

Quick Reply

Latest