The Student Room Group

Is it normal for my boyfriend to want to go on a single lads holiday?

My boyfriend of a year and a bit wants to go on a lads holiday, I don’t like him going on nights out anyway as his friends are always trying to encourage him to cheat. Now he wants to go on lads holiday, where there all single and all going for one thing to pull. I know he’s says he won’t cheat but when he’s on holiday and everyone else is doing it,I fear the worst. Do you think I’m over reacting?
he'll probably be less likely to cheat if you tell him how much you trust him lol. He'll feel guilty when his friends are trying to pull for him :laugh:
If he's still friends with guys that are trying to get him to cheat on you, that tells me something about him. I'm not saying he'll cheat but to hang around with people who want him to.
It's definitely a normal thing for him to want to go! He shouldn't have to miss out on a holiday with friends just because he's in a relationship.

If you truly trust him then you shouldn't be worried about him straying.
It is normal and a part of being in a relationship at this age. Do you know for certain that his friends encourage him to cheat or are you just assuming this?
Nothing wrong with a lads night out, just communicate with each other. It’s a matter of trust.
Original post by MrMusician95
If he's still friends with guys that are trying to get him to cheat on you, that tells me something about him. I'm not saying he'll cheat but to hang around with people who want him to.

Agree
Reply 7
It's entirely normal.
He will probably cheat.
Why are his friends encouraging him to cheat tho
Reply 10
That relationship is over already, just need to wait for it to be officially done.
If his friends are always talking about cheating and constantly encouraging your boyfriend to cheat as well, he might already be cheating! If you 100% know that they literally tell him to cheat, I would suggest leaving him. Why would you want to constantly worry yourself sick about his actions, when he’s probably not worrying at all? He continues to surround himself with negative influences! If his friends don’t respect you, but he doesn’t put them in their place and assure you AND them that he is committed to the relationship, it sounds like he might not respect you either. You can’t make your boyfriend completely ditch his friends… so make a tough decision: either trust him to go on a normal boys trip and be completely faithful to you, or leave him and possibly save some heartbreak. Try having a responsible conversation about your insecurities: tell him you love him and want to see him having fun, but sometimes the way his friends act and say hurtful things makes you wonder if he’s faithful or respectful to you, so this upcoming “boys trip” will cause for some anxiety/nervousness on your part. Wait for his reaction, as maybe he just hadn’t thought much of his immature friends’ jokes either that, or he might react just as immaturely in defence of his friends, and then you know you might be dealing with someone who doesn’t respect your feelings/point of view. But it’s up to you how you handle this.

Quick Reply