The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

English Applicants - Durham 2019

Hello everyone!

Looking forward to meeting you all in October, and hopefully we will all receive the grades we need!

Some useful links:

I have started this thread because I have not seen one for English yet. I thought that this would help us get closer and meet each other and hopefully make it easier for us at the beginning of the course!

I will start off by introducing myself. I am Cristina, I'm 18 and I am from Romania. I moved to England 4 years ago and I wanted to study English Literature since I was really young. How about you?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by potatina
:banana: Hello everyone! :banana:

I decided to start this thread as I have not seen one for English yet.

So.. to start off, any applicants/offer holders for English here?

Hi:smile: I've applied for English Lit but still waiting for a decision!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CharG000
Hi:smile: I've applied for English Lit but still waiting for a decision!!

Best of luck!! Hope to see you there in September :tongue:
Reply 3
Also, bump as it seems like no one else replied. :frown:
My daughter applied 19.11.18 and received her offer 19.12.18 for English Lit. She is predicted A*A*A and they have given an AAA offer. GCSEs are slightly below average for Durham: 3A*, 2A, 5B. Applied to Castle, home applicant.
Good luck all :smile:
I've received a conditional offer for English Lit, I put Josephine Butler as my preference college but haven't received confirmation on college allocation yet. My offer is English Lit - A
Media Studies - A
I.T - Distinction
Reply 6
Original post by truthmartini
I've received a conditional offer for English Lit, I put Josephine Butler as my preference college but haven't received confirmation on college allocation yet. My offer is English Lit - A
Media Studies - A
I.T - Distinction

well done! when did you receive your offer?
well done! when did you receive your offer?

Thank you, I applied in early November and received the offer about 2 weeks or so later? To be honest I can't remember exacty but it was a longer wait than my other options but not a excrutiatingly long wait :smile:
Reply 8
I received an offer for English literature today, and thought I'd say hello.😊 I'm assuming it'll take a while before I get allocated a college, but what about you? Any word?
Reply 9
Media Studies - A
I.T - Distinction

Well done! :tongue: why did you choose English?
Reply 10
Original post by mazha.
I received an offer for English literature today, and thought I'd say hello.😊 I'm assuming it'll take a while before I get allocated a college, but what about you? Any word?

Congrats on your offer, and hey! :smile: I am currently waiting on college allocation as well but it seems like I am not receiving any e-mails from the University. I have e-mailed them and I hope they will let me know what's happening soon :fluffy:
Reply 11
Congrats on your offer, and hey! :smile: I am currently waiting on college allocation as well but it seems like I am not receiving any e-mails from the University. I have e-mailed them and I hope they will let me know what's happening soon :fluffy:

Hey!
College allocations were officially scheduled to begin today, right? They'll probably get back to you soon. I hope you find out!
The wait is nerve-wracking.
Which college have you chosen as a preference?
And hey, you're an international applicant?
(I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I'm still pretty new to this, haha. 😅)
Reply 12
Original post by mazha.
Hey!
College allocations were officially scheduled to begin today, right? They'll probably get back to you soon. I hope you find out!
The wait is nerve-wracking.
Which college have you chosen as a preference?
And hey, you're an international applicant?
(I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I'm still pretty new to this, haha. 😅)

It's fine to ask, don't worry! And I hope you will get into the college you have applied for!!
I am not sure whether to call myself an international applicant or not. I have started studying in England in Year 10. Before I used to live in Romania but thought it might be easier for me to apply directly from a school in the UK. :h:
I sincerely can't remember which college I have applied to, I guess I will find out on the day I will be allocated. I think I have chosen St Mary's. I might be wrong though! I don't mind as long as it is not the college that's furthest away. I'm a terrible morning person. :loveduck:
And you?
Original post by mazha.

Ah well done! I’m still waiting to hear back from durham for a decision! Do you mind me asking what your GCSEs / a levels are like? Xx
Reply 14
Ah well done! I’m still waiting to hear back from durham for a decision! Do you mind me asking what your GCSEs / a levels are like? Xx

Thank you! 😊
I hope you receive an offer soon, the not-knowing part is agonising, isn't it?
And then you get to be anxious over college allocations. 😅
Will Durham be your firm?
Regarding GCSEs and A levels, I'm an international student, so I could only tell you what the equivalents are, the latter of which I'm supposed to be preparing for. 🤦*♀️
Well done! :tongue: why did you choose English?

Thanks!! It's just always been my favourite subject and one of the only things I'm relatively good at really haha. How about you?
Reply 16
Thanks!! It's just always been my favourite subject and one of the only things I'm relatively good at really haha. How about you?

Same! :tongue: Did you get your college allocation yet? I got placed in Hatfield
I've applyed for English Literature and Philosophy and got put in St Aidan's which seems a bit isolated and wasn't my first choice so I'm a bit nervous, tbh the course more than makes up for it though.
Same! :tongue: Did you get your college allocation yet? I got placed in Hatfield

Yeah I've been allocated Josephine Butler which was my first choice so I'm pretty happy about that!
Still waiting to hear... anyone heard of anyone getting an unconditional for English?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending