The Student Room Group

References

So my story is a long and frustrating one. So over the last few months I've been applying to a few University's through UCAS and the other day I sent off my application

However I had to send it off without a reference as my referee hadn't received the email link and so didn't write one. I contacted my University choices to ask if they'd be willing to recive my application without one and they said yes but they would need one at a later date so I sent it off and asked my tutor to write one out.

About 5 hours later I received an email saying my application had been processed and that it had been sent and a few hours after that I had received a notification from 1 of my choices saying I had a conditional spot available to me provided I could provide a reference within 10 working day (in other words 2 weeks from that point)

I told my tutor but he's not sure he can do it in time with also his work and grading his students assignments and so I've been thinking of other things I can do.

I don't have any other tutors I can contact, I've only worked in retail up to this point and have never known my bosses details like email or personal number. And my current boss, upon knowing I plan to leave soon to go to Uni, would most likely make my life hell. I volunteer as a police cadet leader every Wednesday and thought I could maybe ask the Head Cadet Leader for a reference however she is an active police officer and I doubt would have the time. I have only one option left I can think of and that's what I'm here to ask.

I know it will seriously affect me if I give a fake reference with my contact details and everything. But since I have an acctual referee and the only reason I may not get a reference is down to the fact he may not have time to do it. Could I write a reference myself with my reference' s details on it. I know this is not ideal but I don't have may other options at this point. And it's not like if they chose to contact him, I or someone else I know will answer, it will still be him.

The only other thing I can think of is contacting that one Uni and asking for my time for my reference to be written. What do you guys think
Could you not contact the university to ask either a) for more time or b) ask them to contact your tutor direclty to push him into doing it in time may have more weight from them than yourself
Original post by Noodlzzz
Could you not contact the university to ask either a) for more time or b) ask them to contact your tutor direclty to push him into doing it in time may have more weight from them than yourself

I already hate the fact I have to rush him so I'm not going to pressure him more. And I will see if I can get more time if I don't get it a few days before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending