Annual Income Question Watch

Malderton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

I have a question about student finance.

When considering postgraduate loan repayments, please can you advise what is taken into account when calculating your annual income.

I am due to retire soon, and am considering doing a masters course after retirement.

Will the pension payments that I receive be included in my annual income?

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Malderton)
Hello,

I have a question about student finance.

When considering postgraduate loan repayments, please can you advise what is taken into account when calculating your annual income.

I am due to retire soon, and am considering doing a masters course after retirement.

Will the pension payments that I receive be included in my annual income?

Thanks
The Postgraduate Loan isn't income assessed. However you have to be under 60 at the start of your course to be eligible for the course (https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility )
Malderton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the rely.I understand I will be eligible for the course and the loan, as I am under 60.My question relates to the repayments once I have taken the loan.Do pension payments count towards your annual income used to decide when you start making repayments?Thanks.
Lynsey SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Malderton)
Thanks for the rely.I understand I will be eligible for the course and the loan, as I am under 60.My question relates to the repayments once I have taken the loan.Do pension payments count towards your annual income used to decide when you start making repayments?Thanks.
Hello,

I would suggest you call our Repayments Team on 0300 100 0611, they will be able to assist with your query.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and 9am- 4pm on Saturday.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads