Regretting not putting DMU on my UCAS choices ☹️

Watch
mrscorky18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, i don’t know, if anyone would be able to help me or know any info on my situation??? I never included DMU as one of my UCAS choices, but I’m highly regretting it now. I have received all 5 offers back from the university’s that I did apply for. Is there anything I can do to apply for DMU now? Thank you for your help in advance
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mrscorky18)
Hi, i don’t know, if anyone would be able to help me or know any info on my situation??? I never included DMU as one of my UCAS choices, but I’m highly regretting it now. I have received all 5 offers back from the university’s that I did apply for. Is there anything I can do to apply for DMU now? Thank you for your help in advance
Wait a while and then contact DMU to find out if the course you want to apply for will be in Extra when it opens at the end of Feb. Talk to them about your application and your grades to find out whether they think it is worthwhile applying. If they do then decline your offers and apply to DMU through extra.

You can always talk to your favourite of your current 5 offers and explain that you want to use extra to apply elsewhere - ask if they'll honour your offer if you're unsuccessful with DMU and need to apply back later on.
nana k 22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

The best thing I would advise is to contact the DMU admissions team to discuss what the course spaces are like. Additionally there is also the option of waiting for the clearing period to begin too, however this is not always guaranteed.
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello

My name is Anita and I am currently studying at De Montfort University in Leicester. Thank you for your question and don't worry as there is an option for you to start your studies at DMU this September.

You can use UCAS Extra, giving you extra choices on your application. If you used all five of your choices on your original application and you’re not holding an offer, you’ll be able to add another choice using Extra. What this means is that all your choices must be either unsuccessful or you have declined or cancelled any choices you have not received decisions for and in this way you can still get into DMU.

However, if you don’t hold any offers after 4 July, you will be able to add an additional choice using Clearing. Clearing is a second chance for students to get into the university they like. When you find the course that interests you, you can contact the university directly and check whether the university will offer you a place. This is a good option as many of my friends applied through Clearing and now they are studying a course they have interest in and take advantage of all the opportunities that DMU offers, like #DMUGlobal and #DMUWorks.

I hope that this information is helpful and don't hesitate to contact us again in case you need anything else.

All the best and good luck!
Anita
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed