Writing Qualifications Watch

mina_01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I never recieved my A level results even though I was told I'd be emailed and posted it by the exam department. The UCAS deadline is gone and I don't want to delay my application any further. Do I have write ALL my qualifications down? By the way, I likely recieved just a U for most subjects anyway, and am applying for a foundation year.
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mina_01)
I never recieved my A level results even though I was told I'd be emailed and posted it by the exam department. The UCAS deadline is gone and I don't want to delay my application any further. Do I have write ALL my qualifications down? By the way, I likely recieved just a U for most subjects anyway, and am applying for a foundation year.
Yes. You need to put down all of your qualifications.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If your qualifications aren't that good, it might be worth considering Access courses too? They are college courses for adults who want to go to Uni but don't have the normal entry requirements. You could do that for a year and then apply to go straight into Year 1 of a degree.
mina_01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Yes. You need to put down all of your qualifications.
Will I be in trouble if I don't? And rejected if the uni find out?
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Will I be in trouble if I don't? And rejected if the uni find out?
From UCAS:

If we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:
  • left out any relevant information, including qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting results
  • given false or misleading information

we may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate or complete.
We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks), or have reasonable belief, that your application contains false information.

-

So yes.
mina_01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
If your qualifications aren't that good, it might be worth considering Access courses too? They are college courses for adults who want to go to Uni but don't have the normal entry requirements. You could do that for a year and then apply to go straight into Year 1 of a degree.
What is the difference between an Access course and foundation year? I was advised to apply for a foundation year so that's what I did. Should I have applied for Access instead...? Is that also taught by good universities?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What is the difference between an Access course and foundation year? I was advised to apply for a foundation year so that's what I did. Should I have applied for Access instead...? Is that also taught by good universities?
No, the Access courses are taught at local colleges not Universities. They are an alternative to A levels as they are aimed at people aged 19+
It's just another option and wouldn't take any longer as it is instead of the Foundation Year.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Believe it or not meeting new people on an access course is something to look forward to. My bunch always looked out for one another and all got through with flying colours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.28%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.44%
No, but I want to start (276)
37.45%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.02%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise