The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Does Cardiff send personalised emails to everyone?

Just wanted to know. Here is the section from the email I received:

"My name is Ben Jervis and I am the admissions tutor for Archaeology & Conservation, and I am just writing to provide you with some information about the course, and to give you a personal point of contact should you have any queries.

I got the sense from reading your personal statement that your passions lie in archaeology and geography. These are 2 subjects which sit really well together - and in my research (which looks at issues of urban life in the Middle Ages) I use a lot of scholarship from contemporary urban geography and there are lots of overlaps between the subjects, particularly around the environmental sciences. It was also good to see how you value the practical application of these subjects within society. This is something which is very important to us at Cardiff and we are always striving to use our research and teaching for wider social benefits - for example our CAER Heritage project, which lots of students have been involved in uses archaeological research to reach out to the community in one of the most deprived areas of Cardiff whilst our Guerilla Archaeology programme takes our research to new audiences at music festivals (again with lots of student involvement)."

Quick Reply

Latest