DauntlessKilljoy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Name: Dauntless Killjoy
Location: from Birmingham but studying English literature in Norwich
Specific Course: Secondary English PGCE
Applying at: York, Oxford, (maybe warwick? I've still got some unis left to visit so I'm not completely sure yet).

Hi, i'm also applying for 2020 entry. I've got a lot of experience working with children of all ages both in schools and outside of it. (I won't go into detail cos it's a longish list). I'm working at a high 2.1 right now (67.5%) but I'm still concerned that I won't get into Oxford. so yeah, hi.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Started my work experience this week!

I'm going in on Wednesdays and am in history lessons throughout the day. Week off next week though as it's half term.

Need to write down a diary thing for my memory.
eilish1903
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DauntlessKilljoy)
Name: Dauntless Killjoy
Location: from Birmingham but studying English literature in Norwich
Specific Course: Secondary English PGCE
Applying at: York, Oxford, (maybe warwick? I've still got some unis left to visit so I'm not completely sure yet).

Hi, i'm also applying for 2020 entry. I've got a lot of experience working with children of all ages both in schools and outside of it. (I won't go into detail cos it's a longish list). I'm working at a high 2.1 right now (67.5%) but I'm still concerned that I won't get into Oxford. so yeah, hi.
Have you considered Reading? Their teaching department is ranked 3rd in the UK. Their have researchers at the forefront of Education with some really interesting areas of research such as the importance of teaching outdoors, behaviour management, etc. Plus the staff are lovely!
DauntlessKilljoy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eilish1903)
Have you considered Reading? Their teaching department is ranked 3rd in the UK. Their have researchers at the forefront of Education with some really interesting areas of research such as the importance of teaching outdoors, behaviour management, etc. Plus the staff are lovely!
Ooh I hadn’t actually, but I definitely will look them up now, thank you.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Walked into the School I'm doing work experience in. Collapsed timetable day, normal lessons abandoned, no History teachers in sight. Walked straight back out. I was really really surprised how easy it was for me to walk right in there and straight back out. Nobody stopped me, I didn't have to sign anything. Quite concerning really.
Dominiquee06
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Walked into the School I'm doing work experience in. Collapsed timetable day, normal lessons abandoned, no History teachers in sight. Walked straight back out. I was really really surprised how easy it was for me to walk right in there and straight back out. Nobody stopped me, I didn't have to sign anything. Quite concerning really.
Oh dear!! That's not good at all!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tomlam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Did you do your interview yet?
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by tomlam)
Did you do your interview yet?
Applications for 2020 aren't open yet so I'd be surprised if there were any interviews.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (47)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
13.94%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.46%
How can I be the best version of myself? (139)
30.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed