The Student Room Group

Teacher Training 2020 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
When were you interviewed? They are supposed to have come to a decision within a specific time frame (I forget the length, it's on the UCAS website). It may be that UCAS has been updated but somehow the email hasn't come through, so might be worth logging into track to have a look. Check your spam/junk folders too.

Just over three weeks now. Have checked my email (all folders), the tracking system on UCAS, and the KCL portal - but nothing. I don't know whether to message them directly to try and find out more information, or to wait the '40 working days' from the point of submitting the application...
Original post by TerryLovesYogurt
Just over three weeks now. Have checked my email (all folders), the tracking system on UCAS, and the KCL portal - but nothing. I don't know whether to message them directly to try and find out more information, or to wait the '40 working days' from the point of submitting the application...
I would advise to wait until the 40 working days before you get in touch. :yep:
Has anyone recently had an interview for PGCE primary at UCL?
Hey guys! I have an interview at Aberdeen uni coming up, looking for tips and any helpful advice? I’m super nervous
Name: Jordan
Applying for: PGCE Biology

I have an interview for York today then Nottingham and Sheffield. Upon completion of my biology degree at Uni of Southampton and my master's at Uni of Nottingham, I realised that lab work wasn't for me so I'm now pursuing a career in teaching. Proper nervous for my interview today lol
Original post by TerryLovesYogurt
Hi everyone! Has anyone here had an interview with KCL for PGCE Secondary? If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you? I wasn't given a timeline for their decision, and it's been a good while now since I was interviewed (which I feel went well).I would really like to send a quick, polite message asking if there are any updates, or something I need to send, etc - but on the other hand, a couple of people have advised me NOT to contact them as apparently that could irritate them, and even jeopardise my application altogether?

Hello! I believe that the provider has 40 days after receiving your application, to make a definitive decision on your application. You might want to check this with UCAS?
Got a place at Uni of York to do a PGCE in biology :smile:
I accepted a place at Edge Hill for secondary computing!
Name:Abdi
Specific Course: PGCE Secondary Computing
Applying at Manchester Met University, Sheffield Hallam University and Huddersfield University

Offer accepted: Manchester Metropolitan University, PGCE Secondary Computer Science
A little bit about me,

Finished degree BSc Hons Degree in Business Information Technology at Leeds Beckett University back in 2018, after some time in industry I had undergone masters degree in IT Management at Sheffield Hallam University which is nearing its end after long 2 years of studying for it. I decided that it was time to consider a career in teaching after my passion in helping others and sharing knowledge.

Look forward to my current offer to study PGCE Computing in Secondary at Manchester Met this September, going through tests and course subject enhancement as part of my offer. Can't wait.
Original post by yoshimax
I accepted a place at Edge Hill for secondary computing!

Congratulations! We're excited to welcome you to Edge Hill :smile:
Original post by eplayer78
Name:Abdi
Specific Course: PGCE Secondary Computing
Applying at Manchester Met University, Sheffield Hallam University and Huddersfield University

Offer accepted: Manchester Metropolitan University, PGCE Secondary Computer Science
A little bit about me,

Finished degree BSc Hons Degree in Business Information Technology at Leeds Beckett University back in 2018, after some time in industry I had undergone masters degree in IT Management at Sheffield Hallam University which is nearing its end after long 2 years of studying for it. I decided that it was time to consider a career in teaching after my passion in helping others and sharing knowledge.

Look forward to my current offer to study PGCE Computing in Secondary at Manchester Met this September, going through tests and course subject enhancement as part of my offer. Can't wait.

Hi @eplayer78,

Good luck with the rest of your applications - it's great to see you're following your passion! I see you have studied at Hallam before, so you probably don't need any extra information, but let me know if you have any questions :h:
- Ella
Accepted my place at the University of York to study my PGCE in biology :smile:
Hello - has anyone else applied to a PGCE/PGDE at any of these universities?:

Liverpool Hope
Oxford Brookes
Nottingham Trent
Edge Hill

If so, how long did it take for them to respond to your application? (i.e. invite you to an interview or offer you a place).

Original post by someone-help-me

Liverpool Hope
Oxford Brookes
Nottingham Trent
Edge Hill

If so, how long did it take for them to respond to your application? (i.e. invite you to an interview or offer you a place).

Edge Hill got back to me with an interview invitation within a couple of days for the secondary computing PGCE. I didn't apply to any of the other universities you listed.
I've accepted a teacher training place (PGCE and QTS) starting in September 2020. I was told that I would be eligible for funding. I'm doing my masters' this year and have taken out a post graduate loan. Now SFE have said I can't get any funding for my PGCE - are they just f*****g up again like they usually do or am I not eligible for PGCE funding because I've had a postgraduate loan? Has anyone else been through this?!

Liverpool Hope
Oxford Brookes
Nottingham Trent
Edge Hill

Hey @someone-help-me :smile:

We are delighted to hear you that you are considering studying with us.

Keep an eye out for your emails and you are more than welcome also to call and speak to our admissions team with regard to your application.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Ashley :biggrin:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hey @someone-help-me :smile:

We are delighted to hear you that you are considering studying with us.

Keep an eye out for your emails and you are more than welcome also to call and speak to our admissions team with regard to your application.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Ashley :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:
Thank you! :smile:

You're welcome , good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by LegalNim
I've accepted a teacher training place (PGCE and QTS) starting in September 2020. I was told that I would be eligible for funding. I'm doing my masters' this year and have taken out a post graduate loan. Now SFE have said I can't get any funding for my PGCE - are they just f*****g up again like they usually do or am I not eligible for PGCE funding because I've had a postgraduate loan? Has anyone else been through this?!

It's a common issue at the moment. I had it myself just a few days ago. The easiest way to contact SFE is probably via Twitter - I created an account just for that, and their responses were prompt and helpful. In my case, the issue was that SFE seemed to have either outdated or invalid information on their database. The problem was solved through talking to SFE and my course provider, and I should receive a Change of Circumstances Form from SFE within the next few days. This will allow my application for funding to be re-assessed instead of starting a new application.
I've had a postgraduate loan, too. That shouldn't be the cause of your problem. Good luck with it.
I just submitted an application. Anyone else worried the covid-19 situation is gonna screw up interviews??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending