thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you will be applying for Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Computing or Languages, make sure you find out about the scholarships and apply!

I talk about the Royal Society of Chemistry scholarship on my blog:
https://thenextchemist.wordpress.com...pt-exhibition/
annamarshall2727
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
is it better to apply as soon as applications open in October or does it not matter? I won't have completed all of my school experience until November so I was thinking of applying later
thenextchemist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by annamarshall2727)
is it better to apply as soon as applications open in October or does it not matter? I won't have completed all of my school experience until November so I was thinking of applying later
applying in November is perfectly fine, it's still an early application!
tomlam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by annamarshall2727)
Primary or non-science/Maths/language, you should apply before March. The rest it's fine, you can apply right up to the end of July really, although competitive places go quickly.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Currently doing work experience this week - in a special measure school! Fun times. :grin:
Lbennett73
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Can anyone help with this? -

I know that UCAS applications won't open until October, but I've heard you can register with UCAS before this date and input details, however on the website I can only see details on Undergraduate 2020 entry, nothing about teacher training.
thenextchemist
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Lbennett73)
Can anyone help with this? -

I know that UCAS applications won't open until October, but I've heard you can register with UCAS before this date and input details, however on the website I can only see details on Undergraduate 2020 entry, nothing about teacher training.
you wont be able to do anything until the 1st of October 2019 for the 2020 entry.
DauntlessKilljoy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by thenextchemist)
you wont be able to do anything until the 1st of October 2019 for the 2020 entry.
I contacted the UCAS Teacher Training Helpline, and they told me you couldn't even register until October 8th? Where did you get your date from? (just because if it is the 1st that would be great, because we'd have more time to prepare our applications )
thenextchemist
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by DauntlessKilljoy)
I contacted the UCAS Teacher Training Helpline, and they told me you couldn't even register until October 8th? Where did you get your date from? (just because if it is the 1st that would be great, because we'd have more time to prepare our applications )
oops sorry! your probably right about the 8th of October
the 1st of October is when you can search for teacher training courses which is what it says on the teacher training website
DauntlessKilljoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by thenextchemist)
oops sorry! your probably right about the 8th of October
the 1st of October is when you can search for teacher training courses which is what it says on the teacher training website
Ohhh okay. Thanks for clarifying.
DauntlessKilljoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Also, just so no one makes the same mistake as me and tries to take their PGCE Skills Tests early, we don't need them for 2020 entry. The government has changed the way it's done and it's going to be a part of the teaching courses instead. No one really knows what's going on, but I've contacted UCAS and the universities I plan on applying to, and they all say don't bother doing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%