The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer Schools

Hi! I know I already posted this in the chat forum but I hadn't got any replies and realised here may be a better place to post this!
I was thinking of applying to a Sutton Trust Summer School for the summer between year 12 and 13 for Geography (most likely at Durham) & wondered if anyone had done a Summer school through the Sutton Trust & what your experience of it was like?
I know places are very limited so it is highly unlikely that I will get a place but I still feel like I may as well try! I'd be very grateful if anyone who has done one could leave any info that may be useful! Thanks very much )
I did the sutton trust summer school at UCL for Psychology with Education, and my friend did one at Durham for Computer Science. We both agreed that they were incredible, enjoyable experiences. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about your course, the uni, university life, and make friends and have fun!

We both applied to the Universities we attended and gained offers :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by saffarinda
I did the sutton trust summer school at UCL for Psychology with Education, and my friend did one at Durham for Computer Science. We both agreed that they were incredible, enjoyable experiences. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about your course, the uni, university life, and make friends and have fun!

Thanks for replying! Thats great to know - especially as I couldn't find much online about students experiences and what they really thought about it. I'm really in two minds about applying, it looks like an amazing opportunity but I don't meet all the criteria & I guess the more you meet the more likely you'll get a place but I think I'll go for it anyway because I'll only regret not doing so.

Congrats on the offers!! :smile:
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Thanks for replying! Thats great to know - especially as I couldn't find much online about students experiences and what they really thought about it. I'm really in two minds about applying, it looks like an amazing opportunity but I don't meet all the criteria & I guess the more you meet the more likely you'll get a place but I think I'll go for it anyway because I'll only regret not doing so.

Congrats on the offers!! :smile:

I agree! At least if you try to apply and get rejected, it’s better than not applying and leaving yourself wondering if you would have gotten in. Thank you!!
Original post by saffarinda

Hiya, I'm thinking of applying to do psychology and education at UCL this summer but I get nervous applying for things in not too sure about aha . how were the living arrangements ? and the general daily sort of schedule ?
thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest