The Student Room Group

EPQ title help?

I'm struggling to write my EPQ though I've done a lot of research. Currently, my question is 'How does PTSD affect cortical remapping?' (The 4 main sections of my essay were: what is PTSD? Assessing the physiological response to stress, correlating PTSD symptoms with neurophysiological responses, assess PTSD treatments)

I'm thinking of changing it because I have no idea how to write an essay on this!!!! someone please help!!!
Reply 1
You could focus on a case study? I ended up looking at PTSD within and post-Iraq and Afghan in British soldiers, within my coursework. It was very interesting and there is a load of stuff on it. So you could keep what is it, etc, and then focus on the case. So alter your question to something like 'Was enough done to prevent and helped soldiers suffering from PTSD, after/during Afghan/Iraq?' You could select one or the other.

Could link it to the government at the time, as there was a lot of controversy over PTSD, and not much was known about it. Could also look at WW1/2 where it occurred, and wasn't accepted, so maybe how the acceptance/treatment of it has changed over time? You could keep all your arguments but link them so you have evidence, so what in the wars correlated PTSD symptoms with neurophysiological responses.

Also, there are a few FOIA (Freedom of Information Acts) on PTSD, as the military tended to ignore it as an illness, which led to public unrest, and of course, it being more known about now, and also to today where the army is having to place greater care for personnel with PTSD. This keeps your essay up to date.
Original post by CyannF
You could focus on a case study? I ended up looking at PTSD within and post-Iraq and Afghan in British soldiers, within my coursework. It was very interesting and there is a load of stuff on it. So you could keep what is it, etc, and then focus on the case. So alter your question to something like 'Was enough done to prevent and helped soldiers suffering from PTSD, after/during Afghan/Iraq?' You could select one or the other.

Could link it to the government at the time, as there was a lot of controversy over PTSD, and not much was known about it. Could also look at WW1/2 where it occurred, and wasn't accepted, so maybe how the acceptance/treatment of it has changed over time? You could keep all your arguments but link them so you have evidence, so what in the wars correlated PTSD symptoms with neurophysiological responses.

Also, there are a few FOIA (Freedom of Information Acts) on PTSD, as the military tended to ignore it as an illness, which led to public unrest, and of course, it being more known about now, and also to today where the army is having to place greater care for personnel with PTSD. This keeps your essay up to date.

Thank you so much!!! I'm thinking of looking at how attitudes towards PTSD have changed over time and its effects on its treatment! I've just started to look at the history of PTSD and it's so interesting!
Reply 3
Original post by daytrippper
Thank you so much!!! I'm thinking of looking at how attitudes towards PTSD have changed over time and its effects on its treatment! I've just started to look at the history of PTSD and it's so interesting!

To be fair, that is really interesting, I would have done similar if I didn't do a magazine. Yh it has a lot of cool history behind it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest