Are there entry requirements for open uni? Watch

idontkn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Are there entry requirements for the OU?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by idontkn)
Are there entry requirements for the OU?
There aren't any requirements if you are starting a degree from the beginning or doing one of their access courses. You may still need other qualifications depending on what you want to do in the future. what is it you'd like to study?
idontkn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
There aren't any requirements if you are starting a degree from the beginning or doing one of their access courses. You may still need other qualifications depending on what you want to do in the future. what is it you'd like to study?
Law
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by idontkn)
Law
Hi,

None of the undergrad law degrees have entry requirments, thankfully! Although of course they recommend you have GSCE level English, so as long as you can read and write, you're ok

If you're thinking of becoming a lawyer (/doing the LPC), a training contract ect will be harder to find without good A Levels and/or a proven strong academic record. Not all, but most firms ask for it. This is what OU Law students can struggle with the most post uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads