I kissed a coworker Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So at our christmas party, I got close to this coworker who i have had a crush on FOREVER and we ended up kissing. A LOT of kissing. So basically as a drunken mess, i told him how much i liked him and this terrifies me. I can't know for sure if he was just kissing me because he was drunk or if he actually likes me. Another coworker of mine was the one to actually tell him about my crush on him which prompted him to kiss me. The next day, he messaged me saying he doesn't regret it BUT at our shift later that night, it was different. Things were a little tense with us, especially since everyone at my work now knew about my crush and our little fling. I thought maybe we'd be able to talk more and get to know each other outside of work but he doesn't message me and whenever i message him the conversation just sort of fizzles. I literally don't know what to do, if he rejects me I don't think i'll actually recover. Should i just pretend it never happened and go back to the way it was before?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What happens at the office christmas party stays at the christmas party, whether its a drunken kiss under the mistletoe or something a bit more fun.
If he wanted a date with you he would have asked you out.
Move on and forget about it- until the next christmas party!
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well he was attracted to you or else he wouldn't have allowed the kissing to happen in the first place. But, at the end of the day you are work colleges and I think that is just a 'no, no' for a lot of people. How well do you know him before? Did you actually have much interaction with him or just kind of saw him periodically?
It could be that he is actually shy and just doesn't know how to interact with you. As someone else at work knew of the crush and told him do you know and trust that person enough to have them run interference and ask him about you? If that would be embarrassing for you or you're not comfortable discussing it directly with him then my best advice would be to go back to how things were and just act as if nothing ever happened. You have nothing to feel bad about and although it would have been nice if that had lead to something more that, sadly, doesn't always happen. Hold your head high and continue to be yourself and go back the way things were before unless your or someone else can talk with him.
IsraeliTechMafia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tbh although there are those who say co-workers are off limits, its pretty difficult when the workplace is more of less like a soft prison. Nor does it help that trying to meet other women outside of work hours can be a bit of an ordeal if you work in a service industry. Mixing the genders in the workplace was realistically never a good idea as it can lead to all sorts of corruption.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a girl in the same position as you, I shared a kiss with a coworker at the office xmas party! The difference is though I was pnly crushing on it a little before so never told anyone but I definately have a massive one on him now. I work in a 95% male environment as well so this kind of thing it doesn't happen very often so you can imagine that it has been quite a hot topic which makes it really awkward and we never get any privacy to talk about it Luckily he had been really friendly since and sweet but no filrting, which we never did before. I don't have a clue of what to do now.

It sounds bad but I'm thinking of luring him in again haha! Anyway keep us posted on how it turns out but I think someone is going to have to bite the bullet before it fizzles out.

A lot of people meet through work so whether the fact he is a coworker is a barrier or not is really it up to you!
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So at our christmas party, I got close to this coworker who i have had a crush on FOREVER and we ended up kissing. A LOT of kissing. So basically as a drunken mess, i told him how much i liked him and this terrifies me. I can't know for sure if he was just kissing me because he was drunk or if he actually likes me. Another coworker of mine was the one to actually tell him about my crush on him which prompted him to kiss me. The next day, he messaged me saying he doesn't regret it BUT at our shift later that night, it was different. Things were a little tense with us, especially since everyone at my work now knew about my crush and our little fling. I thought maybe we'd be able to talk more and get to know each other outside of work but he doesn't message me and whenever i message him the conversation just sort of fizzles. I literally don't know what to do, if he rejects me I don't think i'll actually recover. Should i just pretend it never happened and go back to the way it was before?
I'm a girl in the same position as you, I shared a kiss with a coworker at the office xmas party! The difference is though I was pnly crushing on it a little before so never told anyone but I definately have a massive one on him now. I work in a 95% male environment as well so this kind of thing it doesn't happen very often so you can imagine that it has been quite a hot topic which makes it really awkward and we never get any privacy to talk about it Luckily he had been really friendly since and sweet but no filrting, which we never did before. I don't have a clue of what to do now.

It sounds bad but I'm thinking of luring him in again haha! Anyway keep us posted on how it turns out but I think someone is going to have to bite the bullet before it fizzles out.

A lot of people meet through work so whether the fact he is a coworker is a barrier or not is really it up to you!
Little tip to you guys, actually talk to them and ask if they like you as well?
Hopefully1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
More and more and more..... girls are making the first move because there are a lot of guys who are just unsure so they do nothing. If you haven't already why don't you 'friend' your colleague on Facebook then hopefully you can message back and forth privately there. Gauge the conversation. If he is responsive and receptive to messaging then ask him if he'd be available to meet up for a coffee. If he's at all interested he'll definitely meet you or give a valid reason why he can't. If he makes excuses then act like no worries and just carry on as before and act as if you've just been mates all along.
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I agree. What happened at the party, stays at the party. If he was interested in you he would've asked you out and as another user stated, move on.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Little tip to you guys, actually talk to them and ask if they like you as well?
You're absolutely right, and I'm planning to ask in a round about way, basically to ask if he is interested in getting to know each other. It's just very difficult to have that conversation when we are always surrounded by coworkers, I don't really get any alone time with him. We speak on the work phone and even have a chit chat but I'd only bring up such a thing on his personal phone, but we don't have each other's numbers.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're absolutely right, and I'm planning to ask in a round about way, basically to ask if he is interested in getting to know each other. It's just very difficult to have that conversation when we are always surrounded by coworkers, I don't really get any alone time with him. We speak on the work phone and even have a chit chat but I'd only bring up such a thing on his personal phone, but we don't have each other's numbers.
No harm in asking if you want to get to know him.
Anonymous #1
Exactly it's really hard isn't it, because if it doesn't work out i'll still have to see him like 4 times a week. Think we might just have to both go for it but i'm so scared of being rejected

Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hopefully1)
More and more and more..... girls are making the first move because there are a lot of guys who are just unsure so they do nothing. If you haven't already why don't you 'friend' your colleague on Facebook then hopefully you can message back and forth privately there. Gauge the conversation. If he is responsive and receptive to messaging then ask him if he'd be available to meet up for a coffee. If he's at all interested he'll definitely meet you or give a valid reason why he can't. If he makes excuses then act like no worries and just carry on as before and act as if you've just been mates all along.
We've had each other on snapchat for a long time and we tend to be each others 'drunk' buddy and message each other whenever we are drunk. But in terms of like actual conversations, its rare. When we got together he said it was because he's shy and knows i probably won't even remember what he said the next day. But still he like doesn't try to continue the conversation and it just sort of ends. I might just have to ignore him from now on out of sheer embarrassment.
Hopefully1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We've had each other on snapchat for a long time and we tend to be each others 'drunk' buddy and message each other whenever we are drunk. But in terms of like actual conversations, its rare. When we got together he said it was because he's shy and knows i probably won't even remember what he said the next day. But still he like doesn't try to continue the conversation and it just sort of ends. I might just have to ignore him from now on out of sheer embarrassment.
You can ignore him or you can just go for it. Next 'drunk buddy' session and your messaging him just ask if he'd meet you for coffee or drinks.
Just do it! He told you he is shy so he's probably not sure how you actually feel. You don't need to spill your guts and let him know your true feelings just ask him if he'd meet up with you (for coffee or drinks) but if it's drinks don't sleep with him. If all goes well then hopefully you'll see more of each other away from work. IF things were to start to develop let him peruse you don't go straight to sex. Its sexier for him to have to pursue you for a while first..... but this is waaaay down the line.
For now go for coffee.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.73%
No, but I want to start (170)
35.64%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.48%
No, I chose not to (138)
28.93%