Game of Thrones Megathread mk II- Season 8 Premiering April 14 Watch

Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago

Bronn for King.

Thread Rules

• No Leaks. Things have a habit of leaking with GOT, don't post them directly here. Sure, post something like "there's new info that's leaked" so that people can look into it if they want to ruin it for themselves, but don't just tell people about how Dany is going to marry the Night King.
  • No torrent links. It's against site rules and if you know what torrenting is then you know the best places to find episodes already. If you don't know what it is, you've got three months to learn.
  • Careful with the book spoilers. At this point it's honestly difficult to know what from the books is spoiler territory and what isn't, but it was a rule in the last thread so I'm carrying it over. So if there's something from the books that obviously pertains to how a plot in the show is going to work out, throw it in spoiler tags so people can avoid it if they want.
  • Spoiler tags after the early morning episode. Sky Atlantic are probably going to do a midnight/1am showing of each episode to align with the US release and then their "proper" 9pm airing that night. People are obviously going to want to talk about each episode as soon as they see it, but use spoilers before the main 9pm airing so that the thread doesn't become a minefield for people reading up on previous episodes before the next one airs. After 10pm, discussion is fair game without spoiler tags.

Useful sites and other stuff

• Game of Thrones Wiki and A Wiki of Ice and Fire. Two massively detailed encyclopedias that cover pretty much everything Thrones. GOTW covers the shows, AWOIAF focuses on the books.
  • Alt Shift X. Probably the best source of information for GOT on YouTube, with in depth analyses of every episode and comprehensive coverage of lore and theories.
Last edited by Gofre; 4 weeks ago
Gofre
Rep:
?
After 8 years we're finally ready for a second Game of Thrones megathread. That one didn't really have a proper OP to copy over, so if anyone has any ideas for cool or useful sites to link to in the OP let me know.

In the meantime, get hyped the teaser.

HowToBeABlobfish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)

Bronn for King.

Thread Rules

• No Leaks. Things have a habit of leaking with GOT, don't post them directly here. Sure, post something like "there's new info that's leaked" so that people can look into it if they want to ruin it for themselves, but don't just tell people about how Dany is going to marry the Night King.
  • No torrent links. It's against site rules and if you know what torrenting is then you know the best places to find episodes already. If you don't know what it is, you've got three months to learn.
  • Careful with the book spoilers. At this point it's honestly difficult to know what from the books is spoiler territory and what isn't, but it was a rule in the last thread so I'm carrying it over. So if there's something from the books that obviously pertains to how a plot in the show is going to work out, throw it in spoiler tags so people can avoid it if they way,
  • Spoiler tags after the early morning episode. Sky Atlantic are probably going to do a late night showing of each episode to align with the US release and then their "proper" 9pm airing that night. People are obviously going to want to talk about each episode as soon as they see it, but use spoilers before the main 9pm airing so that the thread doesn't become a minefield for people reading up on previous episodes before the next one airs. After 10pm, discussion is fair game without spoiler tags.

Useful sites and other stuff

• Game of Thrones Wiki and A Wiki of Ice and Fire. Two massively detailed encyclopedias that cover pretty much everything Thrones. GOTW covers the shows, AWOIAF focuses on the books.
  • Alt Shift X. Probably the best source of information for GOT on YouTube, with in dept analysis of every episode and comprehensive coverage of lore and theories.
Spoiler:
Show

With regards for book spoilers, the final thing that happens is Jon dying.

Really hyped for this new thread but kudos to HBO for giving the most cryptic (come at me) trailers ever. Well, at least joint with Marvel's Avengers: Endgame.

Reeeee so excited but I'm only on season 4 so I have to finish by April 14 which should be easy.
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Can't wait.
Gofre
Rep:
?
(Original post by HowToBeABlobfish)
Reeeee so excited but I'm only on season 4 so I have to finish by April 14 which should be easy.
Do you mean you're rewatching the show or that you've actually only seen up until season 4? If it's the latter, get out of the thread before you see spoilers!
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In.

#TeamStark
HowToBeABlobfish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Do you mean you're rewatching the show or that you've actually only seen up until season 4? If it's the latter, get out of the thread before you see spoilers!
Read all the books, watched only up to season 4. It's fine I've been in this thread for ages, spoilers are usually in spoiler tags and if not I usually just don't read them.
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh my goodness i'm excited for season 8:excited: (may have watched the teaser for the first time yesterday though..)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.05%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.95%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.76%
No, I chose not to (225)
27.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise