Is It worth re-taking GCSE Maths again? Watch

MaxTheActor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, so I've been re-taking GCSE Maths for a while ever since the 2017 GCSEs.
I have taken it about 4 times, not by choice of course, only to get the same result of a 3, not a full fail but nor a pass and always being a few marks off.
I recently did the November resit only to get a 3 again but this time being only 6 marks off!
I plan on getting the paper's remarked to try and fight against the exam board's decision.

Is it worth re-sitting in the Summer? when I will be off to University or Drama School and won't really need the qualification for what I want to study, or the industry I would to pursue.
lcrabt21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
A good maths score is always a good thing to add to a CV in my opinion! I appreciate that you may find it difficult but it may be your method of revision that needs to change? It's all up to you as it doesn't seem like you want to Drama school but it would definitely help with a Uni application if you go that way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads